Tutorial video per la progettazione del prodotto
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Please pay attention to the version of FreeCAD used in the tutorial. If a tutorial uses an older version of the program, the general modelling process may still work but some tools may have changed in newer releases. Do not add videos made with version 0.16 or older, as these releases are considered obsolete.
The tutorials listed here are those that deal with design of physical products for manufacturing or 3D printing. For other topics, see the general page video tutorials.
Visit tutorials for high quality written tutorials. A complete, unsorted list of tutorials can be found in Category:Tutorials.
Videos that go through modeling of various solid objects using workbenches such as Part, PartDesign, and Sketcher.
- Fusion360 to FreeCAD - Introduction: a quick introduction by Brodie Fairhall for those coming from Fusion360.
- Joko Engineeringhelp playlists: many videos on 3D modelling with tools like FreeCAD and Blender.
- FreeCAD: a series of 85 videos describing many topics in FreeCAD including finite element analysis (FEM), a tutorial for new users coming from other programs, developing a model using an image as reference, how to use variables and equations to design models, and also showcases some complex models, like a full cylinder head for an engine.
- FreeCAD Videos: a series of long videos by Mark Ganson (TheMarkster) using FreeCAD 0.19. It starts with the very basics, and then progresses through modelling with the Part Workbench. It also discusses things like macros, the Spreadsheet Workbench, and the Sketcher Workbench.
- FreeCAD for Beginners: a series of videos by DrVax, introducing FreeCAD 0.19, and using it for 3D printing with Cura and PrusaSlicer.
- Invent Box Tutorials playlists: many videos of different design programs including GIMP, Krita, Inkscape, Blender, KiCad, and FreeCAD.
- Learn FreeCAD: FreeCAD 0.17, a series of 15 videos by Invent Box Tutorials in English. This series introduces many common tools used in PartDesign and the Path Workbench to model a part suitable for manufacturing: sketches, extrude, loft, sweep, mirror, linear and polar patterns, boolean operations, helix, toolpaths, pocket cutting, drilling, engraving, post processing and cutting.
- FreeCAD Tutorial - Basics: FreeCAD 0.19, a series of 4 videos in English by MarthamEngineering. This series shows how to build various objects using the PartDesign Workbench: a twisted vase, a connecting block, a chess piece, and a house sign.
- FreeCAD Tutorial - Basics: FreeCAD 0.19, a series of 10 videos in English by MECH INFOTECH. This series shows how to build various objects using the PartDesign Workbench: sweep, loft, revolve, extrude, a clutch, a hopper.
- AllVisuals4U playlists: various videos on modelling and 3D software, including Blender, FreeCAD, and 3D printing. Some videos may be outdated.
- 3D MODELING | FREECAD: FreeCAD 0.17 and 0.18, a series of 22 videos of modeling objects like footwear, a spoke wheel, a bicycle seat, an ice scraper, a pair of sunglases, a table, a watering can, a lampshade, a dustpan, a vase for water, a cocktail glass, a wall clock, a pen holder, a printable chair, a birthday cake, and others. It also shows how to model objects for 3D printing, and to export to Blender.
- FreeCAD Tutorials - GENERAL: FreeCAD 0.16, a series of 28 short videos on general aspects of FreeCAD; for example, it shows how to change units, background color, the splash screen, constraints, set perspective view, set transparency, change the size of toolbar icons, prepare for 3D print, and extrude text. Some more advanced instructions include how to do logo design, metal bending, and assembly. Most videos describe FreeCAD 0.16, but since they don't focus on modelling aspects, the information is generally applicable for other versions.
- mathcodeprint playlists: various videos in English on 3D modelling tools including FreeCAD and OpenSCAD.
- FreeCAD: FreeCAD 0.17, a series of 73 videos about model design, including PartDesign, Sketcher, Draft, shed framing, comparing FreeCAD against OpenSCAD, using the A2plus workbench, and interesting challenges from the CAD sub-forum in Reddit.
- CAD Stick Framing Playground, 11 videos.
- CAD Challenge, 4 videos.
- FreeCAD & Mini-Kossel Assembly Animations and more, 7 videos.:
- Bugman's videos: FreeCAD 0.17 and 0.18, at least 150 videos demonstrating use of FreeCAD to create a wide variety of objects including a water tank, wooden frames, a gyroscope, shapes based on parametric equations, cam mechanisms, endless gears, differential transmissions, wooden junctions, various coils and springs, stairs and handrails, bicycle parts, various polyhedra, various chains, various pistons, various sports' balls, handtools like razors, screwdrivers, wrenches, and bottle openers.
- Glasson Design Studio playlists: various videos in English on woodworking and furniture design, including use of FreeCAD.
- FreeCAD for Woodworkers: a series of videos showing how to use FreeCAD 0.17 to 0.18 to model wooden objects, using workbenches like PartDesign, Sketcher, Spreadsheet, and TechDraw.
- FreeCAD Beginners Tutorials: FreeCAD 0.17, a series of 5 videos by Eklavya Self Learning Tutorials, in English, that teach the basics of FreeCAD, such as installing, the interface, and presents basic workbenches like Draft, Arch, Part, and Sketcher.
- jp willm playlists: for beginners to more experienced users, jp willm produces many videos on 3D modelling with tools mainly from Part and PartDesign, but also exploring TechDraw and of course Sketcher.
Although this list focuses on German content, many of these channels also have videos in English.
- flowwies corner playlists: many videos using FreeCAD 0.18 and 0.19, including introductory information and more advanced tutorials. In German language.
- FreeCAD 0.18 Grundlagen - Einstieg in FreeCAD: a series of 6 videos for beginners, introducing the general program, then the Sketcher Workbench and the PartDesign Workbench to model solids.
- FreeCAD 0.18 & 0.19 - Tutorials von flowwies corner: a series of 11 videos dealing with various topics, like STL export, modelling of mechanical pieces like a connector and a knife. It also discusses different tools of the PartDesign Workbench, the Spreadsheet Workbench, and also visualization with Blender.
- Harry Geier videos: several videos in English and German by Harry Geier. The videos mostly focus on PartDesign, using FreeCAD 0.17 and 0.18.
- FreeCAD 0.17 for Beginners , Part Design First Steps and STL Export, FreeCAD 0.17 Tutorial , full length Version, FreeCad (0.17) From the Idea to the Print, FreeCad 0.18 Introduction , walkaround and first steps with PART Workbench. English, FreeCAD 0.18 Entry Level Tutorial ( Follow Up ), 3D Print Workflow--freeCAD .18 --Kissslicer--Print
- FreeCAD STL zu FreeCad ( Part/Part Design) v. 01.7 und zurück, FreeCAD 0.17 Tutorial für Anfänger in Deutsch, Freecad 0.17 von der Idee zum 3D Druck, FreeCAD 0.18 Erste Schritte zum 3D Design., FreeCAD und 3D Druck kompletter Workflow an einem Beispiel.
- bavariaSHAPE - FreeCAD Practice playlists: various videos on using FreeCAD 0.17 to 0.19 with English and German annotations.
- FreeCAD Wissenshäppchen 2018: a series of 16 short videos showing how to perform some actions: work with gears, use the M-key in the Sketcher, measure an imported STEP, set up LuxRender, prepare technical illustrations with the help of Inkscape, evaluate and repair STL files, and export STL files.
- FreeCAD Wissenshäppchen 2019: a series of 8 short videos showing how to perform some actions: convert a hand drawn sketch into a 3D object, clean a part and maintain parametric associations, use the Placement interface, understand the projection methods in TechDraw, manage construction history in a spreadsheet, and use the Sheet Metal Workbench.
- German_Plasma_CNC playlists for FreeCAD, CNC, G-code, Blender, and other topics. Mostly in German, some videos in English.
- FreeCAD Deutsch 2019: a series of 53 videos in German dealing with building shapes and preparing them for CNC manufacturing. Some topics include: preparing a job, simulating, postprocessing, milling the profiles, pocketing, drilling, engraving, and editing the tools.
- FreeCAD English: a series of 4 videos in English with some tips of working with FreeCAD.
- Mecatrónica LATAM playlists: various videos on using 3D modellers, including FreeCAD, in Spanish.
- FreeCAD Tutorial: FreeCAD 0.18, a series of 7 videos showing how to model various objects: basic tubular structures, pipe connections, an open ended spanner, a bolt and a nut.
- Christian Tutoriales CAD playlists: various videos on using 3D modellers, including, FreeCAD, in Spanish.
- FREECAD 0.17 - 0.18: a series of 15 videos showing how to model various objects: mechanical connectors, turbines, pliers, tubings, tire rims, screws, a screw cap, a screw bit, a helical gear, a bicycle tire, and others.
- Getting started
- Installation: Download, Windows, Linux, Mac, Additional components, Docker, AppImage, Ubuntu Snap
- Basics: About FreeCAD, Interface, Mouse navigation, Selection methods, Object name, Preferences, Workbenches, Document structure, Properties, Help FreeCAD, Donate
- Help: Tutorials, Video tutorials
- Workbenches: Std Base, Arch, Draft, FEM, Inspection, Mesh, OpenSCAD, Part, PartDesign, Path, Points, Reverse Engineering, Robot, Sketcher, Spreadsheet, Start, Surface, TechDraw, Test Framework, Web
- Hubs: User hub, Power users hub, Developer hub