This page presents a selection of video tutorials made by FreeCAD users and developers. Visit the Tutorials and videos subforum for more links. A useful source of video tutorials is YouTube.
Visit tutorials for high quality written tutorials. A complete, unsorted list of tutorials can be found in Category:Tutorials.
If you'd like to contribute with writing wiki documentation and tutorials, see Help FreeCAD, the general wiki guidelines in WikiPages, and follow the tutorial guidelines.
Videos that go through modeling of various solid objects using workbenches such as Part, PartDesign, and Sketcher.
Since there are many videos that deal with this topic, please visit Video tutorials for product design.
- Edit STL Files In FreeCAD by AllVisuals4U. It demonstrates the Part ShapeFromMesh tool.
- Go further with Asm 3 WB by jpg87 is website with step by step instructions and videos to demonstrate usage of the Assembly3 Workbench.
- FreeCAD Tutorial - Assembly 4 Workbench by Martham Engineering. It showcases the Assembly4 Workbench.
- TechDraw: a series of 5 videos describing the TechDraw Workbench, by sliptonic; 1 (Basics), 2 (Dimensions), 3 (Multiview), 4 (Sections and Detail), and 5 (Customizing templates).
- Introduction to the FreeCAD TechDraw Workbench by Glasson Design Studio. This is particularly aimed at woodworkers but can be used for general solids.
Computer-Aided Manufacturing (CAM)
- sliptonic playlists: various videos on using FreeCAD, working with TechDraw and particularly the Path Workbench, by sliptonic, one of the main developers of the latter.
- Using FreeCAD version 0.17 Path Workbench: a series of 9 videos that explain how to use the Path Workbench including the tools and controllers, job setup, visualization, operations, dressups, units, and preferences.
- Coder Musashi videos: various videos on using the Path Workbench.
Visualization and rendering
- Joko Engineeringhelp playlists: many videos on 3D modelling with tools like FreeCAD and Blender.
- Blender Render Solidworks and FreeCAD Parts with AllVisuals4U: a series of 11 videos that is a collaboration between Joko Engineeringhelp and AllVisuals4U. In these videos they demonstrate how to model a glass bottle in FreeCAD, and then how to prepare a scene and render it in Blender: 3D Bottle Design - FreeCAD To Blender Export, Part 1: Import, Part 2: Arrange, Part 3: Assign Materials, Part 4: Lighting and UV Maps, Part 5: Node Options, Part 6: Create Renders, Part 7: Smooth STL Meshes.
Videos that go through modeling of rooms, houses, office buildings, and similar structures, and drawing floor plans, using workbenches such as Draft, Arch, and BIM.
Since there are many videos that deal with this topic, please visit Video tutorials for architectural design.
Finite element (FEM) simulation
- FreeCAD FEM/Civil/Structural/Arch Tutorial-1-An Introduction: FreeCAD 0.16, and introduction that builds a simple structure of pillars and beams, and analyzes them with the FEM Workbench, by Eklavya Self Learning Tutorials.
- How To Use FreeCAD FEM [12:15] FreeCAD v0.19, Intro to using the FEM workbench. Very well done, by Joko Engineering
- FreeCAD FEM VS SolidWorks FEA Simulation - How Do They Compare? [12:22] - A side-by-side comparison of FreeCAD 0.19.x FEM and Solidworks 2017 FEA, by Joko Engineering
- Animation Workbench by microelly: a series of 7 videos that describes the Animation Workbench by its developer. This is one of the external workbenches that can be installed from the Addon Manager.
- FreeCAD Tutorials - GENERAL by AllVisuals4U: FreeCAD 0.16, a series of 28 short videos on general aspects of FreeCAD; for example, it shows how to change units, background color, the splash screen, constraints, set perspective view, set transparency, change the size of toolbar icons, prepare for 3D print, and extrude text. Some more advanced instructions include how to do logo design, metal bending, and assembly. Most videos describe FreeCAD 0.16, but since they don't focus on modelling aspects, the information is generally applicable for other versions.
- flowwie's corner by flowwie in German: a nice series of 62 short videos concerning FreeCAD 0.18 and 0.19, from basic to intermediate level.
- Evgeniy Ivanov by Evgeniy Ivanov in English: a nice series of videos concerning FreeCAD 0.19, from basic to intermediate level.
- Getting started
- Installation: Download, Windows, Linux, Mac, Additional components, Docker, AppImage, Ubuntu Snap
- Basics: About FreeCAD, Interface, Mouse navigation, Selection methods, Object name, Preferences, Workbenches, Document structure, Properties, Help FreeCAD, Donate
- Help: Tutorials, Video tutorials
- Workbenches: Std Base, Arch, Draft, FEM, Inspection, Mesh, OpenSCAD, Part, PartDesign, Path, Points, Reverse Engineering, Robot, Sketcher, Spreadsheet, Start, Surface, TechDraw, Test Framework, Web
- Hubs: User hub, Power users hub, Developer hub