I have cleaned up this page. For the previous version see: https://wiki.freecad.org/index.php?title=User_talk:Roy_043&oldid=1285531
TechDraw Drawing Examples and Draft Snap Dimensions
the TechDraw Drawing Examples page was named to match with TechDraw Section Examples which also lists what TechDraw can do (and what not, yet). Was it necessary to move/rename it to TechDraw Examples?
The Draft Snap Dimensions tool has to be finished with a click to confirm the point like all real snap tools, too. Why shouldn't this last step not be mentioned?
- "TechDraw Drawing Examples" is a strange title. "Drawing" is redundant and also too reminiscent of the obsolete Drawing WB. Maybe then use "TechDraw General Examples"?
- BTW: Why do you say: "some examples about what TechDraw is already capable to do". It implies that TD is still underdeveloped when that is hardly the case.
- Regarding Draft Snap Dimensions: The tool itself does not suggest a point to the user, therefore there is nothing to confirm. So the text would have to be different.
- In the end I can live with both alternatives with a light tendency towards General Examples.
- TD is underdeveloped if we have to define section views in 3d space, have no real auxiliary views, cannot rotate a view without messing with the dimensions, have no view grid starting at a meaningful point and following the view's axes, cannot rotate balloons. Maybe I will find some more. Yes TD has made a leap forward with the extensions, but they also have some potential for improvement.
- If we do not care about standards, FreeCAD is great, but it wants to be an application for professionals, too and there still lies some way to go towards this goal. This examples page is intended be used as a base of discussion, and to clarify terms that I or other not natives maybe use wrong. It is quite hard to find create simple examples to describe missing features in contrast to existing ones.
- Regarding snapping: I read it as confirm the (new) end point of the current line segment rather than to confirm the (existing) selected point.
Thanks for clarifying. I have renamed the example page to TechDraw General Examples. I have removed the 2 redirects that were automatically created.
I'll look at Draft Snap Dimensions again later.
- I was quite scared the the page disappeared (again) a few minutes ago... lol