Properties on SheetMetal Forming page
You have copied the properties that are inherited from the Part Feature object. It is better to not do that and instead provide a link to the Part Feature page. See for example: Draft Facebinder.
Something has gone wrong with the Artwork Assembly page
You have worked on the Artwork Assembly page and sadly you edit does not make sense.
First of all the Assembly folder still exists in the source code: https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/tree/master/src/Mod/Assembly
Second it is rather the Asm3 folder that does not exist! https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/tree/master/src/Mod
I see not other solution than to undo your edit.
- Copied from my talk page:
- Hi Roy 043,
- I don't get your point.
- There's no Assembly workbench bundled with recent FreeCAD versions (0.19.1, 0.20-24825) but Assembly3 is.
- Why shouldn't we extend a list of icons, that is hardly use for other wiki sites, with icons that are in use now for a similar task.
- That totally makes sense to me.
- The FreeCAD version that I have used do not contain an Assembly folder which shows me that this is obsolete.
- Since Assembly3 is bundled now the Assembly folder should be re-added for the Assembly3 stuff or the asm3 instead.
- How long do you want to keep obsolete stuff unchanged?
This means the wiki is documenting the source code and not the delivered program? In that case a wiki is not helpful for a user searching for help and knowledge. As a user I couldn't care less about the source code if it has nothing to do with the program code I'm using, especially about the obsolete parts.
General Properties Info SheetMetal page
Thanks for your improvements of the SheetMetal page with the new commands and most of all the excellent examples.
I was wondering what you think about adding a section "Parameter information" on the main page. There are some parameters that are used in several commands and some defintions that are in Shai's Github site but not in the wiki page. For example I think the information from this image (https://github.com/shaise/FreeCAD_SheetMetal/blob/master/Resources/sheetmetal_terms.png) are most essential to use the SheetMetal WB effectively. Things like "miter angle" are very specific technical terms and not really easy to guess. Only disadvantage might be the optical impression, as the image show a rather different style that the rest of the page. Personally I would not mind, but I guess there are different opinions on this.
Further information in that section would be what the different bend tpyes mean (Material Outside/Inside, Thickness Outside and Offset). In the 500post forum thread at some point a user observed that the Offeset parameter is ignored unless you select the Bend Type Offset. I did not verify this yet, but I think a general section on parameters may be a great place to put things like that.
- Thanks for your kind words and suggestions.
- I have tried not to overload the pages and to supply enough information to enable the user to use the key functions, at least. My aim is to try out the tools before I describe them on a wiki page. To search for correct terms was quite challengin since English isn't my mothertongue and on top come regional differences and differnt spelling in USA and UK. (I'm still unsure if unfold and unfoldable are proper English).
- But you are right "Parameter information" should be added somewhere, either on the main page (maybe collapsible) or on a separate page. It is on my list...