|TechDraw → Add Welding Information to Leaderline|
|Introduced in version|
The WeldingSymbol tool adds welding specifications to an existing leader line.
Welding specification added to a leader line
- Select an existing leaderline.
- Press the button.
- A task panel will open. It allows to set individual welding symbols and accompanying text to be added to the leader line.
- Press the OK button to exit the dialog and save the changes.
- After the welding symbol is created, it can be edited by double clicking the Welding Symbol in the Tree.
- DataAll Around: Shows the All Around symbol (circle) at the kink in the leader line.
- DataField Weld: Show the Field Weld symbol (flag) at the kink in the leader line.
- DataAlternate Weld: Offsets the lower symbol to indicate alternating welds.
- DataTail Text: Text to be shown at the end of the leader line.
Each individual symbol ("arrow side" and "other side") is represented by a "tile" object. A Welding Symbol has 1 or 2 tiles associated with it. Each of it has the following properties:
- DataTile Parent: The parent Weld Symbol
- DataTile Row: Row of the tile. 0 means above the line, -1 below the line. Note: If you change the row of one tile, you must also change the tile for the second side! This way you can flip the sides.
- DataTile Column: Column of the tile. At the moment it is always 0, therefore the property is not editable.
- DataSymbol File: Directory and file name of the symbol's SVG file.
- DataSymbol Included: Directory and file name of the actual included symbol SVG file. (It is a temporary directory.)
- DataLeft Text: Text to be displayed to the left of the SVG symbol.
- DataCenter Text: Text to be displayed above/below the SVG symbol.
- DataRight Text: Text to be displayed to the right of the SVG symbol.
symbolName = "DrawWeldSymbol001") symbolType = "TechDraw::DrawWeldSymbol" App.activeDocument().addObject(symbolType, symbolName) App.activeDocument().Page.addView(App.activeDocument().DrawWeldSymbol001) App.activeDocument().DrawWeldSymbol001.Leader = myLeader App.activeDocument().DrawWeldSymbol001.AllAround = True App.activeDocument().DrawWeldSymbol001.FieldWeld = True App.activeDocument().DrawWeldSymbol001.AlternatingWeld = True App.activeDocument().DrawWeldSymbol001.TailText = "process text" tileName = "DrawTileWeld001" tileType = "TechDraw::DrawTileWeld" App.activeDocument().addObject(tileType, tileName) App.activeDocument().DrawTileWeld001.TileParent = App.activeDocument().DrawWeldSymbol001 App.activeDocument().DrawTileWeld001.TileRow = 0 App.activeDocument().DrawTileWeld001.TileColumn = 0 App.activeDocument().DrawTileWeld001.SymbolFile = fullPathToMySvgFile App.activeDocument().DrawTileWeld001.LeftText = "left text" App.activeDocument().DrawTileWeld001.RightText = "right text" App.activeDocument().DrawTileWeld001.CenterText = "center text"
Svg Symbol Tiles
Individual symbols are formed by 64x64 pixel SVG files. Additional symbols can be created in an SVG program like Inkscape using one of the symbols supplied by FreeCAD as a template.
- Individual symbols are formed by 64x64 (nominal) pixel SVG files. The tiles actually have a "border" of 4px. The border ensures that the leader line and symbol meet nicely.
- The symbol is drawn in black on a transparent background. The stroke width is 0.5mm.
- The leader passes below symbols for the arrow side (see image on the left) and above symbols for the "other" side (see image on the right).
- There is no particular naming standard other than to append "Up/Down" to the arrow/other side symbols.
- You can edit your WeldingSymbol by double clicking on it in the tree view. Double clicking in the graphics area is not yet supported.
- There is a preference parameter for the default welding symbol directory. You can add your own symbols in a personal directory.