The Toggle tool turns the display of View frames, labels and vertices on or off.
View of the solid projection with frames turned on and turned off
- If you have multiple drawing pages in your document, you will need to select the desired page in the tree.
- Press the Turn View Frames On/Off button.
- If View frames are currently visible, they will disappear. If View frames are not visible, they will appear.
- It is possible for different Views to be in different states of frame display. If this happens, press the Turn View Frames On/Off button once or twice to resynchronize the Views.
The dotted view frame and the vertex dots are just for reference, they aren't actually part of the drawing, so you won't see them once you export the page as PDF or SVG.
The suggested workflow is to use Turn View Frames On/Off to deactivate the frame surrounding the view, and also the additional dots. With the dots, use the measurement tools to select the correct edges to measure, then toggle the frame (and dots) off to see the final result. Not satisfied? Toggle the frame (and dots) on again, select other vertices and create new measurements, then toggle the frame off again.
You can adjust the size of the vertex dots in the TechDraw Preferences/Scale tab. Please do not set their size to zero, just small or big enough so it's comfortable for you to pick them up.
See also: TechDraw API and FreeCAD Scripting Basics.
The Toggle tool currently doesn't have a programming interface.
- Pages: Insert Default Page, Insert Page using Template, Redraw Page
- Views: Insert View, Insert Active View, Insert Projection Group, Insert Section View, Insert Detail View, Insert Draft Workbench Object, Insert Arch Workbench Object, Insert Spreadsheet View
- Clips: Insert Clip Group, Add View to Clip Group, Remove View from Clip Group
- Decorations: Hatch Face using Image File, Apply Geometric Hatch to Face, Insert SVG Symbol, Insert Bitmap Image, Turn View Frames On/Off
- Dimensions: Insert Length Dimension, Insert Horizontal Dimension, Insert Vertical Dimension, Insert Radius Dimension, Insert Diameter Dimension, Insert Angle Dimension, Insert 3-Point Angle Dimension, Insert Horizontal Extent Dimension, Insert Vertical Extent Dimension, Link Dimension to 3D Geometry, Insert Balloon Annotation, Insert Landmark Dimension
- Annotations: Insert Annotation, Add Leaderline to View, Insert Rich Text Annotation, Add Cosmetic Vertex, Add Midpoint Vertices, Add Quadrant Vertices, Add Centerline to Faces, Add Centerline between 2 Lines, Add Centerline between 2 Points, Add Cosmetic Line Through 2 points, Remove Cosmetic Object, Change Appearance of Lines, Show/Hide Invisible Edges, Add Welding Information to Leader
- Getting started
- Installation: Download, Windows, Linux, Mac, Additional components, Docker, AppImage, Ubuntu Snap
- Basics: About FreeCAD, Interface, Mouse navigation, Selection methods, Object name, Preferences, Workbenches, Document structure, Properties, Help FreeCAD, Donate
- Help: Tutorials, Video tutorials
- Workbenches: Std Base, Arch, Draft, FEM, Image, Inspection, Mesh, OpenSCAD, Part, PartDesign, Path, Points, Raytracing, Reverse Engineering, Sketcher, Spreadsheet, Start, Surface, TechDraw, Test Framework, Web
- Deprecated or unmaintained workbenches: Complete, Drawing, Robot