|TechDraw → TechDraw Views → Insert SVG Symbol|
|Introduced in version|
|TechDraw Templates, Draft SVG|
The TechDraw Symbol tool inserts an SVG file into the page. This symbol can be anything that helps annotating your drawing, and that doesn't need to be further modified.
Compass rose added to the drawing page; this symbol is available by installing the "symbols_library" addon with the Addon Manager
- If there are multiple drawing pages in the document: optionally activate the desired page by selecting it in the Tree view.
- There are several ways to invoke the tool:
- If there are multiple drawing pages in the document and you have not yet activated a page, the Page Chooser dialog box opens: introduced in version 0.20
- Select the desired page.
- Press the button.
- A file dialog opens.
- Select a location and file name.
- The symbol is inserted.
- Optionally change its DataScale property to adjust its size.
- DataScale Type for Symbols is always set to Custom at creation. This is for convenience, since symbols are almost always scaled differently from the rest of the objects on the page.
See also TechDraw View.
- DataEditable Texts: List of editable texts, if any.
sym = FreeCAD.ActiveDocument.addObject('TechDraw::DrawViewSymbol','TestSymbol') rc = page.addView(anno) f = open(unicode(symbolFileSpec,'utf-8'),'r') svg = f.read() f.close() sym.Symbol = svg rc = page.addView(sym)