|TechDraw → Dimensions → Insert Radius Dimension|
|Introduced in version|
The TechDraw RadiusDimension tool adds a radius dimension to a View. The dimension may be applied to any edge which is a circle or circular arc.
Measuring a circle, indicating the radius
- Select a circle or circular arc. The geometry may be selected in the 3D view or in the drawing. Note some arcs which appear to be circular are actually ellipses or B-splines. You cannot make a radius dimension in these cases.
- If you have selected geometry in the 3D view: add the correct TechDraw View to the selection by selecting it in the Tree view.
- There are several ways to invoke the tool:
- A dimension is added to the View.
- The dimension may be dragged to the desired position.
- If needed, add tolerances as described on this page.
Display 3D measurement
dim1 = FreeCAD.ActiveDocument.addObject("TechDraw::DrawViewDimension", "Dimension") dim1.Type = "Radius" dim1.References2D=[(view1, "Edge1")] page.addView(dim1)