(Redirected from TechDraw New Default)
|TechDraw → Page → Insert Default Page|
|Introduced in version|
|TechDraw PageTemplate, TechDraw Templates|
The TechDraw PageDefault tool creates a new Page object using the the template file specified in the TechDraw Preferences.
Default template that comes with TechDraw: A4_LandscapeTD.svg
- An active document must exist.
- There are several ways to invoke the tool:
- If a Page is marked as "do not keep updated" either through its DataKeep Updated property, through the Toggle Keep Updated option from its window context menu, or by the setting in the Preferences, it will ignore changes in the 3D model. You may notice anomalies (missing geometry, missing Dimension values, etc) in the appearance of the Page. These will correct themselves once the Page is updated with the Redraw Page tool. The Page will have this icon in the Tree view while updating is suspended. This setting also affects the startup process. If a Page is marked as "do not keep updated" it will not be drawn at program start.
- If the default template is not specified in your user configuration file
user.cfg, the tool will try:
$INSTALL_DIRis the directory where FreeCAD was installed, for example:
- DataProjection Type: Default projection type (First or Third Angle) for this Page.
- DataKeep Updated: If false, the Page is not updated with changes to the 3D model. Useful for complicated/slow drawings. See Notes.
- DataTemplate: A link to this Page's Template object.
- DataViews: A list of links to the Views on this Page.
- DataScale: Default scale for Views in this Page.
- DataNext Balloon Index: Auto-numbering for Balloons.
- ViewShow Grid: Show a grid over this Page. introduced in version 0.20
- ViewGrid Spacing: Distance between grid lines. introduced in version 0.20