|TechDraw → TechDraw Views → Insert Projection Group|
|Introduced in version|
|TechDraw View, TechDraw Section View|
The TechDraw ProjectionGroup tool creates a multiview projection of one or more 3D objects. The isometric views of the 4 front corners can also be included.
If you only want to produce a single view, there is no advantage in using ProjectionGroup; you should then use Insert View instead. If you do not wish to use the traditional first- / third-angle projection, you should use multiple Views (Insert View) instead of ProjectionGroup.
Three orthogonal views and one isometric view of a solid object
- Optionally rotate the 3D view. The camera direction in the 3D view determines the initial value of the Primary Direction of the Projection Group (the DataDirection property of the central view).
- Select one or more objects in the 3D view or Tree view.
- If there are multiple drawing pages in the document: optionally add the desired page to the selection by selecting it in the Tree view.
- There are several ways to invoke the tool:
- If there are multiple drawing pages in the document and you have not yet selected a page, the Page Chooser dialog box opens: introduced in version 0.20
- Select the desired page.
- Press the button.
- The Projection Group task panel opens.
- Select which views should appear in the Projection Group, and the Projection Group's scale and other parameters.
- Press the button.
- Optionally move the Projection Group by dragging its central view.
- Optionally move the Projection Group's other views relative to the central view by dragging them individually.
Projection Group task panel. The Primary Direction field indicates the current view direction.
- DataSource (
LinkList): Links to the drawable objects to be depicted.
- DataXSource (
XLinkList): Links to the drawable objects in an external file.
- DataAnchor (
Link): The central view in the group. Normally the Front view.
- DataProjectionType (
For the other properties in this group see TechDraw View.
- DataViews (
LinkList): Links to the views in this ProjectionGroup.
- DataAuto Distribute (
true, space out individual views automatically. Use
falseto position manually.
- Dataspacing X (
Length): Horizontal space between views when automatically positioned. Note that Scale and the size of other views in the group also influence the spacing.
- Dataspacing Y (
Length): Vertical space between views when automatically positioned.
See TechDraw View.
The ProjectionGroup as a whole inherits X, Y, ScaleType, Scale and Rotation from the basic View.
Individual Views within the group inherit all part view properties, but the ProjectionGroup object controls the scale of all its member Views.
The RotationVector property of individual Views within the group is deprecated as of v0.19. Use XDirection instead.
Note that the central box displays the current projection direction of the primary view. It cannot be used to change the direction.
import FreeCAD as App doc = App.ActiveDocument cyl = doc.addObject("Part::Cylinder", "Cylinder") doc.recompute() page = doc.addObject("TechDraw::DrawPage", "Page") template = doc.addObject("TechDraw::DrawSVGTemplate", "Template") template.Template = App.getResourceDir() + "Mod/TechDraw/Templates/A4_LandscapeTD.svg" page.Template = template # Toggle the visibility of the page to ensure its width and height are updated (hack): page.Visibility = False page.Visibility = True group = doc.addObject("TechDraw::DrawProjGroup", "ProjGroup") page.addView(group) group.Source = [cyl] group.ProjectionType = "Third Angle" front_view = group.addProjection("Front") # First projection will become the Anchor. group.Anchor.Direction = (0, 1, 0) group.Anchor.RotationVector = (1, 0, 0) left_view = group.addProjection("Left") top_view = group.addProjection("Top") group.X = page.PageWidth / 2 group.Y = page.PageHeight / 2 doc.recompute()
Note: The Projection Group should always be added to the Page,
page.addView(group), before adding projections to the Group. This allows the Projection Group to use default parameter values derived from the parent page.