|TechDraw → Insert Draft Workbench Object|
|Introduced in version|
|TechDraw Arch View|
The TechDraw DraftView tool inserts a view of a selected Part-based or Group object into a drawing page. Unlike the standard View tool, views created with this tool are handled by the Draft Workbench, and specially designed for showing 2D objects. See Notes.
Draft elements like circles and arrays imported into a TechDraw drawing page
- Select a Draft object in the 3D view or in the tree
- If you have multiple drawing pages in your document, you will need to select the desired page in the tree.
- Press the Insert Draft Workbench Object button
- A view of the draft object will appear on the page.
- Creating a DraftView of a layer will recursively handle all objects found in that layer. The View is updated automatically when the contents of the layer changes
- There is no hidden line removal. Each face found in the handled object(s) will simply be projected along the Direction vector, no specific action is taken when faces overlap
- The Draft View also supports all Draft objects that are not Part-based, such as dimensions and texts
- Color, line width and line pattern can be specified in the properties. Line patterns can be fine-tuned by directly giving a stroke-dasharray value, such as 3,5
- Projected faces are filled with the face color
See also TechDraw View.
- DataSource (
Link): The Draft object to be displayed.
- DataLine Width (
Float): The width of the lines, independently of the scale.
- DataFont Size (
Float): The size of all texts appearing in this view (texts and dimensions).
- DataDirection (
Vector): The projection direction to use.
- DataColor (
Color): The color of lines.
- DataLine Style (
String): A line style to use for this view. Can be
Dotor an SVG line pattern like
- DataLine Spacing (
Float): The spacing to use between lines of texts for multiline texts.
- DataOverride Style (
true, line color, width and style of this view will override those of the rendered object.
The DraftView is rendered within the Draft Workbench, therefore TechDraw has limited control over its appearance. You may need to make changes within Draft to get the representation you want.
See also: Autogenerated API documentation and FreeCAD Scripting Basics.
The New Draft tool can be used in macros and from the Python console by using the following functions:
dv = FreeCAD.ActiveDocument.addObject('TechDraw::DrawViewDraft','TestDraft') dv.Source = myDraftbject rc = page.addView(dv)
- Pages: Insert Default Page, Insert Page using Template, Redraw Page, Print All Pages
- Views: Insert View, Insert Active View, Insert Projection Group, Insert Section View, Insert Complex Section View, Insert Detail View, Insert Draft Workbench Object, Insert Arch Workbench Object, Insert Spreadsheet View, Move View, Share View, Project Shape
- Stacking: Move view to top of stack, Move view to bottom of stack, Move view up one level, Move view down one level
- Clips: Insert Clip Group, Add View to Clip Group, Remove View from Clip Group
- Decorations: Hatch Face using Image File, Apply Geometric Hatch to Face, Insert SVG Symbol, Insert Bitmap Image, Turn View Frames On/Off
- Dimensions: Insert Length Dimension, Insert Horizontal Dimension, Insert Vertical Dimension, Insert Radius Dimension, Insert Diameter Dimension, Insert Angle Dimension, Insert 3-Point Angle Dimension, Insert Horizontal Extent Dimension, Insert Vertical Extent Dimension, Link Dimension to 3D Geometry, Insert Balloon Annotation, Insert Axonometric Length Dimension, Insert Landmark Dimension, Adjust Geometric References of Dimension
- Annotations: Insert Annotation, Add Leaderline to View, Insert Rich Text Annotation, Add Cosmetic Vertex, Add Midpoint Vertices, Add Quadrant Vertices, Add Centerline to Faces, Add Centerline between 2 Lines, Add Centerline between 2 Points, Add Cosmetic Line Through 2 points, Remove Cosmetic Object, Change Appearance of Lines, Show/Hide Invisible Edges, Add Welding Information to Leader, Add Surface Finish Symbol, Add Hole or Shaft Tolerances
- Attributes and modifications: Select Line Attributes, Cascade Spacing and Delta Distance, Change Line Attributes, Extend Line, Shorten Line, Lock/Unlock View, Position Section View, Position Horizontal Chain Dimensions, Position Vertical Chain Dimensions, Position Oblique Chain Dimensions, Cascade Horizontal Dimensions, Cascade Vertical Dimensions, Cascade Oblique Dimensions, Calculate the area of selected faces, Customize format label
- Centerlines and threading: Add Circle Centerlines, Add Bolt Circle Centerlines, Add Cosmetic Thread Hole Side View, Add Cosmetic Thread Hole Bottom View, Add Cosmetic Thread Bolt Side View, Add Cosmetic Thread Bolt Bottom View, Add Cosmetic Intersection Vertex(es), Add Cosmetic Circle, Add Cosmetic Arc, Add Cosmetic Circle 3 Points, Add Cosmetic Parallel Line, Add Cosmetic Perpendicular Line
- Dimensions: Create Horizontal Chain Dimensions, Create Vertical Chain Dimensions, Create Oblique Chain Dimensions, Create Horizontal Coordinate Dimensions, Create Vertical Coordinate Dimensions, Create Oblique Coordinate Dimensions, Create Horizontal Chamfer Dimension, Create Vertical Chamfer Dimension, Create Arc Length Dimension, Insert '⌀' Prefix, Insert '〼' Prefix, Remove Prefix, Increase Decimal Places, Decrease Decimal Places
- Export: Export Page as SVG, Export Page as DXF
- Additional: Line Groups, Templates, Hatching, Geometric dimensioning and tolerancing, Preferences
- Getting started
- Installation: Download, Windows, Linux, Mac, Additional components, Docker, AppImage, Ubuntu Snap
- Basics: About FreeCAD, Interface, Mouse navigation, Selection methods, Object name, Preferences, Workbenches, Document structure, Properties, Help FreeCAD, Donate
- Help: Tutorials, Video tutorials
- Workbenches: Std Base, Arch, Draft, FEM, Inspection, Mesh, OpenSCAD, Part, PartDesign, Path, Points, Reverse Engineering, Robot, Sketcher, Spreadsheet, Start, Surface, TechDraw, Test Framework, Web
- Hubs: User hub, Power users hub, Developer hub