|TechDraw → Insert Detail View|
|Introduced in version|
|TechDraw View, TechDraw Projection Group|
The Detail tool creates a view of small area of an existing view.
Detail view with circular viewbox of an existing view
- Select a view in the page or tree.
- Press the button to create the detail view.
- In the appearing task dialog you can define the radius of the view box, the scale and the view position. For the latter you can do this
- either by changing the coordinates
- or by pressing the button . In this case the detail origin border is highlighted bold and with the label drag. Click on the border or the label, keep the mouse button pressed and drag it to the position you like. Finally release the mouse to accept the change.
The Detail view can be displayed within a round or square view box. This is controlled by the preferences setting Detail View Outline Shape.
Properties Detail View
See also TechDraw View.
- DataBase View (
Link): The view on which this Detail view is based.
- DataAnchor Point (
Vector): The center of the Detail view within the DataBase View.
- DataRadius (
Float): The size of the area in the DataBase View that is displayed in the Detail view.
- DataReference (
String): An identifier for the Detail view in the DataBase View.
Properties Base View
A Detail view inherits all applicable properties of the view specified as DataBase View. In the properties of this view you can change the appearance of the detail outline:
- ViewHighlight Adjust: Clockwise rotation angle of the Detail view.
- ViewHighlight Line Color: Line color for the outline shape. Default setting for this is the setting Detail Highlight in the TechDraw preferences.
- ViewHighlight Line Style: Line style for the outline shape. Default setting for this is the setting Detail Highlight Style in the TechDraw preferences.
Detail = FreeCAD.ActiveDocument.addObject('TechDraw::DrawViewDetail','Detail') ...TBA