|TechDraw → Add Vertices → Add Cosmetic Vertex|
|Introduced in version|
|TechDraw Midpoint, TechDraw Quadrant|
The TechDraw CosmeticVertex tool adds a vertex, which is not part of the source geometry, to a view. This vertex behaves like any other vertex and can be used for dimensioning.
Cosmetic vertices used to create an otherwise impossible dimension
- Select a view.
- There are several ways to invoke the tool:
- A task panel opens.
- Optionally press the button and pick a point on the page. Press the button to cancel this operation.
- Optionally change or specify the X and Y coordinates of the point. The coordinates are relative to the center of the view.
- Press the button.
- You cannot change the position of an existing cosmetic vertex. At the moment there is no other way than to delete it and create a new one.
- To delete a cosmetic vertex use TechDraw CosmeticEraser.
Cosmetic vertices have no properties of their own, as they are not document objects. They share color and size settings with regular geometry vertices.
dvp = App.ActiveDocument.View org = App.Vector(0.0, 0.0, 0.0) dvp.makeCosmeticVertex(org); #lines too! start = FreeCAD.Vector (1.0, 5.0, 0.0) end = FreeCAD.Vector(1.0, -5.0, 0.0) style = 2 weight = 0.75 pyGreen = (0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0) dvp.makeCosmeticLine(start,end,style, weight, pyGreen)