|TechDraw → Add Lines → Add Centerline between 2 Lines|
|Introduced in version|
|TechDraw Centerline to Face(s), TechDraw Centerline between 2 Points|
The 2LineCenterLine tool adds a centerline between two Edges.
Aligned centerline between 2 Edges
- Select 2 Edges in a View. The Edges should be more or less parallel.
- Press the button
- A dialog will open where you can specify attributes of the new centerline.
- A centerline will be added between the 2 selected Edges.
If the generated line looks odd or didn't generate at all, you may need to use the option Flip Ends.
To delete a Centerline, select it and use the toolbar button.
Any of the centerline command buttons (, , ) can be used to edit any centerline.
- Select a centerline.
- Press any centerline command button.
- A dialog will open where you can change attributes of the centerline.
- Press to see your changes.
Centerlines have no properties of their own, as they are no document objects. They have attributes that can be edited via the dialog.
- Vertical: Forces a centerline vertical
- Horizontal: Forces a centerline horizontal
- Aligned: Follows the general direction of the Edge for 2 Edge centerline
- Shift Horizontal: Moves the centerline left or right of its normal position
- Shift Vertical: Moves the centerline up or down from its normal position
- Rotate: Rotates the centerline around its center (degrees. + counterclockwise, - clockwise)
- Extend By: Makes the centerline longer by this amount
- Color: Color of centerline
- Weight: Thickness of the centerline
- Style: Continuous, Dash, Dot, DashDot, DashDotDot
- Flip Ends: Flips endpoints for creation as described below. (attribute removed for FreeCAD 0.20)
The centerline between 2 lines is drawn between the midpoints (m0 and m1) of the lines that connects the endpoints of the selected lines (p0 and p1), see the sketch. Depending on the point order there are 2 possibilities to draw the connecting lines. The attribute Flip Ends flips the way the connecting lines are drawn. In FreeCAD 0.20 the point order is automatically determined so that the Flip Ends attribute is no longer necessary.