Jump to navigation Jump to search
|View → Appearance...|
|Introduced in version|
The Std SetAppearance command shows the Display properties task panel for selected objects.
The Display properties task panel
- Select one or more objects.
- There are several ways to invoke the command:
- Change one or more display properties. See Options. The objects will update immediately.
- Optionally select one or more new objects whose display properties you want to change.
- Press the Close button to close the task panel and finish the command.
- Select a ViewDisplay Mode from the dropdown list. The available options are: 'Flat lines', 'Shaded' (not for Draft objects), 'Wireframe' and 'Points'. See the Std DrawStyle command for more information.
- Select a predefined material from the dropdown list ('Default', 'Aluminum', 'Brass', 'Bronze', etc.).
- Press the ... button to open the Material properties dialog box and edit the ambient, diffuse, emissive and specular colors, as well as the shininess.
- Color plot: unsupported at this time.
- Shape color: sets the ViewShape Color property. Press the button to open the Select color dialog box.
- Line color: sets the ViewLine Color property. Press the button to open the Select color dialog box.
- Point color: sets the ViewPoint Color property. Press the button to open the Select color dialog box.
- Point size: sets the ViewPoint Size property (in pixels).
- Line width: sets the ViewLine Width property (in pixels).
- Transparency: sets the ViewTransparency property (in percentage). 0% is opaque, 100% is fully transparent.
- Line transparency: unsupported at this time.
- The mentioned view properties can also be changed in the Property editor or the Combo view.
- File: New, Open, Close, Close All, Save, Save As, Save a Copy, Save All, Revert, Import, Export,Merge project, Project information, Print, Print preview, Export PDF, Recent files, Exit
- Edit: Undo, Redo, Cut, Copy, Paste, Duplicate selection, Refresh, Box selection, Box element selection, Select All, Delete, Send to Python Console, Placement, Transform, Alignment, Toggle Edit mode, Edit mode, Preferences
- Miscellaneous: Create new view, Orthographic view, Perspective view, Fullscreen, Bounding box, Toggle axis cross, Clipping plane, Texture mapping, Toggle navigation/Edit mode, Appearance, Random color, Workbench, Status bar
- Standard views: Fit all, Fit selection, Isometric, Dimetric, Trimetric, Home, Front, Top, Right, Rear, Bottom, Left, Rotate Left, Rotate Right
- Freeze display: Save views, Load views, Freeze view, Clear views
- Draw style: As is, Points, Wireframe, Hidden line, No shading, Shaded, Flat lines
- Stereo: Stereo red/cyan, Stereo quad buffer, Stereo Interleaved Rows, Stereo Interleaved Columns, Stereo Off, Issue camera position
- Zoom: Zoom In, Zoom Out, Box zoom
- Document window: Docked, Undocked, Fullscreen
- Visibility: Toggle visibility, Show selection, Hide selection, Select visible objects, Toggle all objects, Show all objects, Hide all objects, Toggle selectability, Toggle measurement, Clear measurement
- Toolbars: File, Workbench, Macro, View, Structure
- Panels: Report view, Tree view, Property view, Selection view, Combo view, Python console, DAG view
- Tree view actions: Sync view, Sync selection, Sync placement, Pre-selection, Record selection, Single document, Multi document, Collapse/Expand, Initiate dragging, Go to selection
- Tools: Edit parameters, Save image, Load image, Scene inspector, Dependency graph, Project utility, Measure distance, Add text document, View turntable, Units calculator, Customize, Addon manager
- Macro: Macro recording, Stop macro recording, Macros, Recent macros, Execute macro, Attach to remote debugger, Debug macro, Stop debugging, Step over, Step into, Toggle breakpoint
- Help: Help, FreeCAD Website, Donate, Users documentation, Python scripting documentation, Automatic Python modules documentation, FreeCAD Forum, FreeCAD FAQ, Report a bug, About FreeCAD, What's This
- Structure and Link: Std Part, Std Group, Make link, Make sub-link, Replace with link, Unlink, Import links, Import all links, Go to linked object, Go to deepest linked object, Select all links
- Getting started
- Installation: Download, Windows, Linux, Mac, Additional components, Docker, AppImage, Ubuntu Snap
- Basics: About FreeCAD, Interface, Mouse navigation, Selection methods, Object name, Preferences, Workbenches, Document structure, Properties, Help FreeCAD, Donate
- Help: Tutorials, Video tutorials
- Workbenches: Std Base, Arch, Draft, FEM, Inspection, Mesh, OpenSCAD, Part, PartDesign, Path, Points, Reverse Engineering, Robot, Sketcher, Spreadsheet, Start, Surface, TechDraw, Test Framework, Web
- Hubs: User hub, Power users hub, Developer hub