|View → Perspective view|
|Introduced in version|
The Std PerspectiveCamera command switches the camera in the active 3D view to perspective view mode. In this mode, objects that are further from the camera appear smaller than those that are closer.
Two cubes with the same dimensions in perspective view
- There are several ways to invoke the command:
- Select the View → Perspective view option from the menu.
- Select the Perspective view option from the Mini-cube menu of the Navigation Cube.
- Use the keyboard shortcut: then .
- The camera type can be changed in the preferences: Edit → Preferences... → Display → 3D View → Camera type. The selected type will be used for all 3D views of all opened documents and also for new documents. See Preferences Editor.
See also: FreeCAD Scripting Basics.
To change the view to perspective use the
setCameraType method of the ActiveView object. This method is not available if FreeCAD is in console mode.
import FreeCADGui FreeCADGui.ActiveDocument.ActiveView.setCameraType('Perspective') FreeCADGui.ActiveDocument.ActiveView.getCameraType()