|View → Freeze display → ...|
|Introduced in version|
|Std StoreWorkingView, Std RecallWorkingView, Std ViewIvIssueCamPos|
FreeCAD can store camera settings in up to 50 'frozen views'. The menu options that deal with frozen views can be found in the View → Freeze display submenu. Frozen views are not stored in the document and, if not saved with the Save views... menu option, will be lost when the FreeCAD application closes.
The Save views... menu option saves all existing frozen views in a file with the *.cam extension.
- To use this option one or more frozen views must exist. A frozen view is created with the Freeze view menu option.
- Select the View → Freeze display → Save views... option from the menu.
- Enter a filename in the dialog box.
- Press the Save button.
- Press Esc or the Cancel button to abort the command.
The Load views... menu option loads frozen views from a file with the *.cam extension. All existing frozen views will be deleted.
- Select the View → Freeze display → Load views... option from the menu.
- Press the Yes button in the Restore views dialog box to confirm you want to lose all existing frozen views.
- Select a file.
- Press the Open button.
- If the Restore views dialog box is displayed: press Esc or the No button to abort the command.
- If the file dialog box is displayed: press Esc or the Cancel button to abort the command.
The Freeze view menu option saves the current camera settings (direction, zoom, etc.) of the 3D view in a new entry in the frozen view list. The frozen view list can contain up to 50 frozen views.
- There are several ways to invoke this option:
- Select the View → Freeze display → Freeze view option from the menu.
- Use the keyboard shortcut: Shift+F.
- The new frozen view can be selected in the View → Freeze display submenu.
The Clear views menu option deletes all existing frozen views.
- Select the View → Freeze display → Clear views option from the menu.
For each frozen view a Restore view option is added with which it can be restored. The options are numbered: Restore view 1 - Restore view 50.
- There are several ways to invoke this option:
- Select the correct View → Freeze display → Restore view option from the menu.
- For the first 9 frozen views: use the keyboard shortcut: Ctrl+1 - Ctrl+9.
- File: New, Open, Close, Close All, Save, Save As, Save a Copy, Save All, Revert, Import, Export,Merge project, Project information, Print, Print preview, Export PDF, Recent files, Exit
- Edit: Undo, Redo, Cut, Copy, Paste, Duplicate selection, Refresh, Box selection, Box element selection, Select All, Delete, Send to Python Console, Placement, Transform, Alignment, Toggle Edit mode, Edit mode, Preferences
- Miscellaneous: Create new view, Orthographic view, Perspective view, Fullscreen, Bounding box, Toggle axis cross, Clipping plane, Texture mapping, Toggle navigation/Edit mode, Appearance, Random color, Workbench, Status bar
- Standard views: Fit all, Fit selection, Isometric, Dimetric, Trimetric, Home, Front, Top, Right, Rear, Bottom, Left, Rotate Left, Rotate Right
- Freeze display: Save views, Load views, Freeze view, Clear views
- Draw style: As is, Points, Wireframe, Hidden line, No shading, Shaded, Flat lines
- Stereo: Stereo red/cyan, Stereo quad buffer, Stereo Interleaved Rows, Stereo Interleaved Columns, Stereo Off, Issue camera position
- Zoom: Zoom In, Zoom Out, Box zoom
- Document window: Docked, Undocked, Fullscreen
- Visibility: Toggle visibility, Show selection, Hide selection, Select visible objects, Toggle all objects, Show all objects, Hide all objects, Toggle selectability, Toggle measurement, Clear measurement
- Toolbars: File, Workbench, Macro, View, Structure
- Panels: Report view, Tree view, Property view, Selection view, Combo view, Python console, DAG view
- Tree view actions: Sync view, Sync selection, Sync placement, Pre-selection, Record selection, Single document, Multi document, Collapse/Expand, Initiate dragging, Go to selection
- Tools: Edit parameters, Save image, Load image, Scene inspector, Dependency graph, Project utility, Measure distance, Add text document, View turntable, Units calculator, Customize, Addon manager
- Macro: Macro recording, Stop macro recording, Macros, Recent macros, Execute macro, Attach to remote debugger, Debug macro, Stop debugging, Step over, Step into, Toggle breakpoint
- Help: Help, FreeCAD Website, Donate, Users documentation, Python scripting documentation, Automatic Python modules documentation, FreeCAD Forum, FreeCAD FAQ, Report a bug, About FreeCAD, What's This
- Structure and Link: Std Part, Std Group, Make link, Make sub-link, Replace with link, Unlink, Import links, Import all links, Go to linked object, Go to deepest linked object, Select all links
- Getting started
- Installation: Download, Windows, Linux, Mac, Additional components, Docker, AppImage, Ubuntu Snap
- Basics: About FreeCAD, Interface, Mouse navigation, Selection methods, Object name, Preferences, Workbenches, Document structure, Properties, Help FreeCAD, Donate
- Help: Tutorials, Video tutorials
- Workbenches: Std Base, Arch, Draft, FEM, Inspection, Mesh, OpenSCAD, Part, PartDesign, Path, Points, Reverse Engineering, Robot, Sketcher, Spreadsheet, Start, Surface, TechDraw, Test Framework, Web
- Hubs: User hub, Power users hub, Developer hub