|Sketch → Sketcher geometries → Toggle construction geometry|
|Introduced in version|
This tool toggles sketch geometry from/to construction mode. It can be used on any type of geometry: line, arc or circle.
Construction geometry is an important tool of the sketcher. When using a sketch for a 3D operation, construction geometry is ignored.
In 3D view., construction geometry is shown as blue, and won't turn green when a sketch is fully constrained. Once you , construction geometry is hidden in the
Construction lines can be used as rotation axis by thefeature.
There are two ways of using this tool:
- Without having anything selected in the 3D view:
- Invoke construction mode by clicking on the Toggle construction geometry entry in the Sketcher menu. button or by using the Sketch → Sketcher geometries →
- This will change the color for creating new geometric elements to blue.
- Newly created geometric elements will now be created in construction mode.
- With one or more geometric elements selected in the 3D view
- Invoke the tool by clicking on the button or by selecting it from the menu
- The selected elements will now be changed to construction mode.
- Afterwards newly created elements will again be normal geometry.
Use Construction mode on some sketch elements,
and once you 3D view (but are still present in the Sketcher editing mode)., geometry that was turned into construction have become invisible in the
- 3D view after creation and click to change them to normal geometry. introduced in version 0.19 will always create points in construction mode regardless of the toolbar toggle state, select the desired points in the