|Sketch → Sketcher geometries → Create polyline
|Introduced in version
The Sketcher CreatePolyline tool creates a series of line and arc segments connected by their endpoints. The tool has several modes.
Polyline started with a line, a tangent arc, a perpendicular arc then a tangent line.
See also: Drawing aids.
- There are several ways to invoke the tool:
- Press the button.
- Select the Sketcher → Sketcher geometries → Create polyline option from the menu.
- Right-click in the 3D view and select the Create polyline option from the context menu.
- Use the keyboard shortcut: then .
- The cursor changes to a white cross with the tool icon.
- A polyline always starts with a straight line segment: pick two points to define this segment.
- Optionally press the
key one or more times to cycle through the modes for the next segment. The available modes are:
- Line perpendicular to the previous segment.
- Line tangential to the previous segment.
- Arc tangential to the previous segment.
- Arc perpendicular (left) to the previous segment.
- Arc perpendicular (right) to the previous segment.
- Line only connected to the previous segment. This is the initial mode again.
- While in any of the arc modes, optionally hold down the key to snap the arc to increments of 45° relative to the previous segment.
- Pick the endpoint of the segment.
- Optionally repeat this to create more segments.
- To finish the input do one of the following:
- Snap to the start point to create a closed polyline.
- Right-click or press to create an open polyline.
- The polyline segments have been created and applicable constraints have been added.
- If the tool runs in continue mode:
- Optionally keep creating polylines.
- To finish, right-click or press , or start another constraints or geometries tool.