|Sketch → Sketcher constraints → Constrain vertical distance|
|Introduced in version|
|Sketcher Constrain Horizontal Distance, Sketcher Constrain Length|
Fixes the vertical distance between 2 points or line ends. If only one point is selected, the distance is set to the sketch origin.
- Pick one or two points or one line.
- Invoke the command several ways:
- Press the Constrain vertical distance button.
- Use the I keyboard shortcut.
- Use the Sketch → Sketcher constraints → Constrain vertical distance entry from the top menu.
- A pop up dialog opens to edit or confirm the value. Press OK to validate.
Note: the constraint tool can also be started with no prior selection, but will require selection of two points or one line. To set the distance to the origin, the sketch origin point needs to be selected as well. By default the command will be in continue mode to create new constraints; press the right mouse button or Esc once to quit the command.
Distance from origin:
Sketch.addConstraint(Sketcher.Constraint('DistanceY', Edge, PointOfEdge, -1, 1, App.Units.Quantity('123.0 mm')))
Distance between two vertices:
Sketch.addConstraint(Sketcher.Constraint('DistanceY', Edge1, PointOfEdge1, Edge2, PointOfEdge2, App.Units.Quantity('123.0 mm')))
Vertical span of line (the GUI allows selecting the edge itself, but it is just a shorthand for using the two extremities of the same line):
Sketch.addConstraint(Sketcher.Constraint('DistanceY', Line, 1, Line, 2, App.Units.Quantity('123.0 mm')))
The Sketcher scripting page explains the values which can be used for
Line, and contains further examples on how to create constraints from Python scripts.
- General: Create sketch, Edit sketch, Map sketch to face, Reorient sketch, Validate sketch, Merge sketches, Mirror sketch, Leave sketch, View sketch, View section, Toggle grid, Toggle snap, Configure rendering order, Stop operation
- Sketcher geometries: Point, Line, Arc, Arc by 3 points, Circle, Circle by 3 points, Ellipse, Ellipse by 3 points, Arc of ellipse, Arc of hyperbola, Arc of parabola, B-spline by control points, Periodic B-spline by control points, B-spline by knots, Periodic B-spline by knots, Polyline, Rectangle, Centered rectangle, Rounded rectangle, Triangle, Square, Pentagon, Hexagon, Heptagon, Octagon, Regular polygon, Slot, Fillet, Corner-preserving fillet, Trim, Extend, Split, External geometry, Carbon copy, Toggle construction geometry
- Sketcher constraints:
- Geometric constraints: Coincident, Point on object, Vertical, Horizontal, Parallel, Perpendicular, Tangent, Equal, Symmetric, Block
- Dimensional constraints: Lock, Horizontal distance, Vertical distance, Distance, Radius or weight, Diameter, Auto radius/diameter, Angle, Refraction (Snell's law)
- Constraint tools: Toggle driving/reference constraint, Activate/deactivate constraint
- Sketcher tools: Select unconstrained DoF, Select associated constraints, Select associated geometry, Select redundant constraints, Select conflicting constraints, Show/hide internal geometry, Select origin, Select horizontal axis, Select vertical axis, Symmetry, Clone, Copy, Move, Rectangular array, Remove axes alignment, Delete all geometry, Delete all constraints
- Sketcher B-spline tools: Show/hide B-spline degree, Show/hide B-spline control polygon, Show/hide B-spline curvature comb, Show/hide B-spline knot multiplicity, Show/hide B-spline control point weight, Convert geometry to B-spline, Increase B-spline degree, Decrease B-spline degree, Increase knot multiplicity, Decrease knot multiplicity, Insert knot, Join curves
- Sketcher virtual space: Switch virtual space
- Additional: Sketcher Dialog, Preferences, Sketcher scripting
- Getting started
- Installation: Download, Windows, Linux, Mac, Additional components, Docker, AppImage, Ubuntu Snap
- Basics: About FreeCAD, Interface, Mouse navigation, Selection methods, Object name, Preferences, Workbenches, Document structure, Properties, Help FreeCAD, Donate
- Help: Tutorials, Video tutorials
- Workbenches: Std Base, Arch, Draft, FEM, Inspection, Mesh, OpenSCAD, Part, PartDesign, Path, Points, Reverse Engineering, Robot, Sketcher, Spreadsheet, Start, Surface, TechDraw, Test Framework, Web
- Hubs: User hub, Power users hub, Developer hub