Jump to navigation Jump to search
Outdated translations are marked like this.
The Points Workbench offers specific tools for working with point clouds. The workbench is still in development.
A point cloud is a collection of points in 3D space. A point cloud is generally produced by scanning the surface of a solid object. The cloud of points can then be used for many purposes including building a mesh for the object, reconstructing the surfaces and solid volumes, reverse engineering, as well as for visualization and quality inspection.
All Points Workbench tools can be accessed from the Points menu. Some tools are also available in the Points tools toolbar.
- Convert to points...: Creates point clouds from shape objects.
- Structured point cloud: Creates a structured point cloud from the points of an existing point cloud.
- Import points...: Imports a point cloud from a file.
- Export points...: Exports a point cloud to a file.
- Cut point cloud: Cuts points from point clouds.
- Merge point clouds: Creates a point cloud by combining the points of two or more point clouds.
- Draft commands such as Draft Line and Draft B-spline can be used to connect the points in a point cloud. Use Draft Snap Endpoint to snap to the points.
- Python can be used to analyze and process point clouds. See the following forum discussions:
- Inspecting Point cloud.
- Fläche aus Messwerten (German)
- Schnitte durch Flächen aus Messwerten (German)
- Getting started
- Installation: Download, Windows, Linux, Mac, Additional components, Docker, AppImage, Ubuntu Snap
- Basics: About FreeCAD, Interface, Mouse navigation, Selection methods, Object name, Preferences, Workbenches, Document structure, Properties, Help FreeCAD, Donate
- Help: Tutorials, Video tutorials
- Workbenches: Std Base, Arch, Draft, FEM, Inspection, Mesh, OpenSCAD, Part, PartDesign, Path, Points, Reverse Engineering, Robot, Sketcher, Spreadsheet, Start, Surface, TechDraw, Test Framework, Web
- Hubs: User hub, Power users hub, Developer hub