Jump to navigation Jump to search
Outdated translations are marked like this.
The Points Workbench offers specific tools for working with point clouds. The workbench is still in development.
A point cloud is a collection of points in 3D space. A point cloud is generally produced by scanning the surface of a solid object. The cloud of points can then be used for many purposes including building a mesh for the object, reconstructing the surfaces and solid volumes, reverse engineering, as well as for visualization and quality inspection.
- Import Point Cloud: will import coordinates for 3D-points from a text file
- Export Point Cloud: will export coordinates for 3D-points to a text file
- Polygon Pick: to do
- Convert to points...: Creates point clouds from shape objects.
- Structured point cloud: Creates a structured point cloud from the points of an existing point cloud.
- Import points...: Imports a point cloud from a file.
- Export points...: Exports a point cloud to a file.
- Cut point cloud: Cuts points from point clouds.
- Merge point clouds: Creates a point cloud by combining the points of two or more point clouds.
- Draft commands such as Draft Line and Draft B-spline can be used to connect the points in a point cloud. Use Draft Snap Endpoint to snap to the points.
- Python can be used to analyze and process point clouds. See the following forum discussions:
- Inspecting Point cloud.
- Fläche aus Messwerten (German)
- Schnitte durch Flächen aus Messwerten (German)
- Getting started
- Installation: Download, Windows, Linux, Mac, Additional components, Docker, AppImage, Ubuntu Snap
- Basics: About FreeCAD, Interface, Mouse navigation, Selection methods, Object name, Preferences, Workbenches, Document structure, Properties, Help FreeCAD, Donate
- Help: Tutorials, Video tutorials
- Workbenches: Std Base, Arch, Draft, FEM, Image, Inspection, Mesh, OpenSCAD, Part, PartDesign, Path, Points, Raytracing, Reverse Engineering, Sketcher, Spreadsheet, Start, Surface, TechDraw, Test Framework, Web
- Deprecated or unmaintained workbenches: Complete, Drawing, Robot
- Hubs: User hub, Power users hub, Developer hub