Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Points → Convert to points...|
|Introduced in version|
The Points Convert command creates point clouds from shape objects or mesh objects.
Here a shape object refers any object with a DataShape property. Objects created with the Part and PartDesign workbench are shape objects. But so are objects created with the Sketcher and Draft workbench.
- Select one or more objects.
- Select the Points → Convert to points... option from the menu.
- The Distance dialog box opens.
- Enter the maximum distance. The value must be in the
- Press the OK button to close the dialog box and finish the command.
Point cloud objects are App GeoFeature objects with the following additional properties. Select the Show all option from the Property editor context menu to display the hidden properties.
- DataHeight (
Integer): the number of unique Y coordinates in the point cloud. This property is only available for point clouds created with the Points Structure command.
- DataWidth (
Integer): the number of unique X coordinates in the point cloud. This property is only available for point clouds created with the Points Structure command.
- DataPoints (
PointsKernel): a Points Kernel associated with this object.
- DataNormal (
NormalList): a list of normals. This property is only available for point clouds created with the Points Convert command from mesh objects or shape objects with faces.
- ViewPoint Size (
FloatConstraint): the size in pixels of the points in the 3D view.
- Getting started
- Installation: Download, Windows, Linux, Mac, Additional components, Docker, AppImage, Ubuntu Snap
- Basics: About FreeCAD, Interface, Mouse navigation, Selection methods, Object name, Preferences, Workbenches, Document structure, Properties, Help FreeCAD, Donate
- Help: Tutorials, Video tutorials
- Workbenches: Std Base, Arch, Draft, FEM, Image, Inspection, Mesh, OpenSCAD, Part, PartDesign, Path, Points, Raytracing, Reverse Engineering, Sketcher, Spreadsheet, Start, Surface, TechDraw, Test Framework, Web
- Deprecated or unmaintained workbenches: Complete, Drawing, Robot
- Hubs: User hub, Power users hub, Developer hub