Jump to navigation Jump to search
This documentation is not finished. Please help and contribute documentation.
GuiCommand model explains how commands should be documented. Browse Category:UnfinishedDocu to see more incomplete pages like this one. See Category:Command Reference for all commands.
See WikiPages to learn about editing the wiki pages, and go to Help FreeCAD to learn about other ways in which you can contribute.
|Path → CAM Simulator|
|Introduced in version|
The Simulator tool allows Simulation of the Path Job by sweeping 3D Models of the Tools used in each Operation, along the G-Code paths, subtracting material from the Stock, where the stock and tool overlap, providing visualization of the Job. This allows detection and isolation of errors prior to running the Job on a mill.
- There are several ways to invoke the command:
- Press the Path Simulator button.
- Select the Path → CAM Simulator option from the menu.
- Use the keyboard shortcut: P then M.
- De-select any Operations that are not to be simulated
- Tune the Speed and Accuracy settings.
- Select the Job for simulation from the drop menu.
- Use the Path Simulator toolbar to invoke different actions:
- Press the (Play) button to play or playback an animation of the operations.
- Press the (Fast Forward) button to increase the speed substantially (in order to quickly review complicated paths).
- Press the (Pause) button to pause animation for troubleshooting purposes
- Press the (Single-Step) button for slowing down the animation, this functionality helps troubleshooting and resolving specific cuts and/or movements.
- Press the (Stop) button to stop the animation.
- Press the Cancel button will remove the stock created for the simulation. If you press OK this object will be kept in your Job.
- DataPlayback Speed: The speed of the simulation playback, in G-code lines/second
- DataAccuracy: The accuracy of the simulation expressed as a percentage indicating the simulations deviation from the Job. For interactive simulation, reducing accuracy to 0.3 works much faster.
- DataJob: The Job used as the basis of the simulation
- DataOperation List: The list of Operations selected for inclusion in the simulation.
- Project Commands: Job, Post Process, Check the path job for common errors, Export Template
- Tool Commands: Inspect Path Commands, CAM Simulator, Finish Selecting Loop, Toggle the Active State of the Operation, ToolBit Library editor, ToolBit Dock
- Basic Operations: Profile, Pocket Shape, Drilling, Face, Helix, Adaptive, Slot, Engrave, Deburr, Vcarve
- 3D Operations: 3D Pocket, 3D Surface, Waterline
- Path Modification: Copy the operation in the job, Array, Simple Copy
- Specialty Operations: Thread Milling
- Miscellaneous: Area, Area workplane
- ToolBit architecture: Tools, ToolShape, ToolBit, ToolBit Library, ToolController
- Additional: Preferences, Scripting
- Getting started
- Installation: Download, Windows, Linux, Mac, Additional components, Docker, AppImage, Ubuntu Snap
- Basics: About FreeCAD, Interface, Mouse navigation, Selection methods, Object name, Preferences, Workbenches, Document structure, Properties, Help FreeCAD, Donate
- Help: Tutorials, Video tutorials
- Workbenches: Std Base, Arch, Draft, FEM, Inspection, Mesh, OpenSCAD, Part, PartDesign, Path, Points, Reverse Engineering, Robot, Sketcher, Spreadsheet, Start, Surface, TechDraw, Test Framework, Web
- Hubs: User hub, Power users hub, Developer hub