Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Part → Split → Boolean XOR|
|Introduced in version|
|Part Boolean Fragments, Part Slice, Part Join features, Part Boolean|
The Part XOR command removes geometry shared by an even number of objects and leaves a void space between the involved objects. For two objects it represents a symmetric version of Part Cut.
Three overlapping objects → Result object
- Select two or more objects. It is also possible to select a Part Compound containing two or more objects.
- There are several ways to invoke the command:
- Select the Part → Boolean → Boolean XOR option from the menu.
- Press the Boolean XOR button.
- Void spaces are hard to detect if the selected objects do not have co-planar faces. To verify the XOR result the Std ToggleClipPlane can then be used.
- Primitives: Box, Cylinder, Sphere, Cone, Torus, Tube, Create primitives, Shape builder
- Creation and modification: Extrude, Revolve, Mirror, Fillet, Chamfer, Make face from wires, Ruled Surface, Loft, Sweep, Section, Cross sections, 3D Offset, 2D Offset, Thickness, Projection on surface, Attachment
- Boolean: Make compound, Explode Compound, Compound Filter, Boolean, Cut, Fuse, Common, Connect, Embed, Cutout, Boolean fragments, Slice apart, Slice, XOR
- Measure: Measure Linear, Measure Angular, Measure Refresh, Clear All, Toggle All, Toggle 3D, Toggle Delta
- Getting started
- Installation: Download, Windows, Linux, Mac, Additional components, Docker, AppImage, Ubuntu Snap
- Basics: About FreeCAD, Interface, Mouse navigation, Selection methods, Object name, Preferences, Workbenches, Document structure, Properties, Help FreeCAD, Donate
- Help: Tutorials, Video tutorials
- Workbenches: Std Base, Arch, Draft, FEM, Inspection, Mesh, OpenSCAD, Part, PartDesign, Path, Points, Reverse Engineering, Robot, Sketcher, Spreadsheet, Start, Surface, TechDraw, Test Framework, Web
- Hubs: User hub, Power users hub, Developer hub