|Part → Section|
|Introduced in version|
The Part Section command creates wire geometry at the intersections of two objects. The result is fully parametric.
- An intersection of two solids/faces results in one or more section lines.
- An intersection of two lines, or a line and a solid/face, results in one or more points.
A cube sectioned with a cylinder
- Select two objects.
- The first object will be the DataBase of the Section, but the selection order has no impact on the result.
- There are several ways to invoke the command:
- Press the button.
- Select the Part → Section option from the menu.
See also: Property editor.
A PartDesign Section object is derived from a Part Feature object and inherits all its properties. It also has the following additional properties:
- DataBase (
Link): Link to the first object.
- DataTool (
Link): Link to the second object.
- Data (hidden)History (
ShapeHistory): "Shape history".
- DataRefine (
Bool): "Refine shape (clean up redundant edges) after this boolean operation". The default value is determined by the Automatically refine model after sketch-based operation preference. See PartDesign Preferences.
- DataApproximation (
Bool): Approximate the output edges.
To create sections with a section plane see Cross-sections.