|Part → Revolve|
|Introduced in version|
Revolves the selected object around a given axis. The following shape types are allowed, and lead to the listed output shapes:
|Input shape||Output shape|
|Shell||Compound solid (Compsolid)|
A Sketch can be used as well. Solids or compound solids are not allowed as input shapes. Normal compounds are currently not allowed either.
The Angle argument specifies how far the object is to be turned. The coordinates move the origin of the axis of revolving, relative to the origin of the coordinate system.
If you select a user defined axis, the numbers define the direction of the revolving axis with respect to the coordinate system: If the Z coordinate is 0 and the Y and X coordinate are non-zero, then the axis will lie in the X-Y-plane. Its angle is such that its tangent is the ratio of the given X and Y coordinates.
- App Link objects linked to the appropriate object types can also be used as shapes and to specify the axis. introduced in version 0.20
- If the object to revolve intersects the rotation axis the operation will fail in most cases.
- Primitives: Box, Cylinder, Sphere, Cone, Torus, Tube, Create primitives, Shape builder
- Creation and modification: Extrude, Revolve, Mirror, Fillet, Chamfer, Make face from wires, Ruled Surface, Loft, Sweep, Section, Cross sections, 3D Offset, 2D Offset, Thickness, Projection on surface, Attachment
- Boolean: Make compound, Explode Compound, Compound Filter, Boolean, Cut, Fuse, Common, Connect, Embed, Cutout, Boolean fragments, Slice apart, Slice, XOR
- Measure: Measure Linear, Measure Angular, Measure Refresh, Clear All, Toggle All, Toggle 3D, Toggle Delta
- Getting started
- Installation: Download, Windows, Linux, Mac, Additional components, Docker, AppImage, Ubuntu Snap
- Basics: About FreeCAD, Interface, Mouse navigation, Selection methods, Object name, Preferences, Workbenches, Document structure, Properties, Help FreeCAD, Donate
- Help: Tutorials, Video tutorials
- Workbenches: Std Base, Arch, Draft, FEM, Inspection, Mesh, OpenSCAD, Part, PartDesign, Path, Points, Reverse Engineering, Robot, Sketcher, Spreadsheet, Start, Surface, TechDraw, Test Framework, Web
- Hubs: User hub, Power users hub, Developer hub