Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Part → Create points object from geometry|
|Introduced in version|
|Part ShapeFromMesh, Part ConvertToSolid, Part RefineShape|
The Part PointsFromMesh tool creates a points object from a geometric object. In version 0.20 and below the base object must be a Mesh object, in later versions any geometric object can be selected.
The resulting shape is a compound of vertices, which can be used as reference to further create lines, sketches and faces with other tools, like those from the Sketcher or the Draft workbenches.
- Select an object.
- Select the Part → Create points object from geometry option from the menu.
- The Distance in parameter space dialog opens.
- Enter a distance value.
- Press the OK button.
- Primitives: Box, Cylinder, Sphere, Cone, Torus, Tube, Create primitives, Shape builder
- Creation and modification: Extrude, Revolve, Mirror, Fillet, Chamfer, Make face from wires, Ruled Surface, Loft, Sweep, Section, Cross sections, 3D Offset, 2D Offset, Thickness, Projection on surface, Attachment
- Boolean: Make compound, Explode Compound, Compound Filter, Boolean, Cut, Fuse, Common, Connect, Embed, Cutout, Boolean fragments, Slice apart, Slice, XOR
- Measure: Measure Linear, Measure Angular, Measure Refresh, Clear All, Toggle All, Toggle 3D, Toggle Delta
- Getting started
- Installation: Download, Windows, Linux, Mac, Additional components, Docker, AppImage, Ubuntu Snap
- Basics: About FreeCAD, Interface, Mouse navigation, Selection methods, Object name, Preferences, Workbenches, Document structure, Properties, Help FreeCAD, Donate
- Help: Tutorials, Video tutorials
- Workbenches: Std Base, Arch, Draft, FEM, Image, Inspection, Mesh, OpenSCAD, Part, PartDesign, Path, Points, Raytracing, Reverse Engineering, Sketcher, Spreadsheet, Start, Surface, TechDraw, Test Framework, Web
- Deprecated or unmaintained workbenches: Complete, Drawing, Robot
- Hubs: User hub, Power users hub, Developer hub