|Part → Create primitives → Plane|
|Introduced in version|
A Part Plane is a parametric rectangular plane that can be created with the Part Primitives command. In the coordinate system defined by its DadosPlacement property, the plane lies on the XY plane with its front left corner at the origin, and its front edge parallel to the X axis.
See Part Primitives.
A Part Plane object created with the scripting example below is shown here.
See also: Property editor.
A Part Plane object is derived from a Part Feature object and inherits all its properties. It also has the following additional properties:
The object has the same attachment properties as a Part Part2DObject.
- DadosLength (
Length): The length of the plane. This is the dimension in its X direction. The default is
- DadosWidth (
Length): The width of the plane. This is the dimension in its Y direction. The default is
See also: Autogenerated API documentation, Part scripting and FreeCAD Scripting Basics.
A Part Plane can be created with the
addObject() method of the document:
plane = FreeCAD.ActiveDocument.addObject("Part::Plane", "myPlane")
"myPlane"is the name for the object.
- The function returns the newly created object.
import FreeCAD as App doc = App.activeDocument() plane = doc.addObject("Part::Plane", "myPlane") plane.Length = 4 plane.Width = 8 plane.Placement = App.Placement(App.Vector(1, 2, 3), App.Rotation(20, 75, 60)) doc.recompute()
- Primitives: Box, Cylinder, Sphere, Cone, Torus, Tube, Create primitives, Shape builder
- Creation and modification: Extrude, Revolve, Mirror, Fillet, Chamfer, Make face from wires, Ruled Surface, Loft, Sweep, Section, Cross sections, 3D Offset, 2D Offset, Thickness, Projection on surface, Attachment
- Boolean: Make compound, Explode Compound, Compound Filter, Boolean, Cut, Fuse, Common, Connect, Embed, Cutout, Boolean fragments, Slice apart, Slice, XOR
- Measure: Measure Linear, Measure Angular, Measure Refresh, Clear All, Toggle All, Toggle 3D, Toggle Delta
- Getting started
- Installation: Download, Windows, Linux, Mac, Additional components, Docker, AppImage, Ubuntu Snap
- Basics: About FreeCAD, Interface, Mouse navigation, Selection methods, Object name, Preferences, Workbenches, Document structure, Properties, Help FreeCAD, Donate
- Help: Tutorials, Video tutorials
- Workbenches: Std Base, Arch, Draft, FEM, Inspection, Mesh, OpenSCAD, Part, PartDesign, Path, Points, Reverse Engineering, Robot, Sketcher, Spreadsheet, Start, Surface, TechDraw, Test Framework, Web
- Hubs: User hub, Power users hub, Developer hub