|Part → 3D Offset|
|Introduced in version|
|Part Thickness, Part 2D Offset|
- Select an object to offset.
- Press the button.
- Adjust distance and parameters depending on the original object and the resulting objects validity.
- App Link objects linked to the appropriate object types and App Part containers with the appropriate visible objects inside can also be used as source objects. introduced in version 0.20
Object with small offset and rounded ( arc ) corners.
Same object with sharp ( intersection ) corners.
Same object with thick distance overfilling the front left gap and allowed intersections.
Arbitrary shape ( draft poly as wire ) with a 3D Offset ( ignores MODE param )
same shape with a 3D Offset as SKIN and filled offset
filled offset with 2 Cylinders creating boolean cuts. Cylinder A goes through the FILL whilst Cylinder B only goes thru the FILL and NOT through the source 2D shape.
- DataOffset: Distance to offset the faces of the shape.
- DataMode: Mode of creation. Skin creates a new shape around the source shape. Pipe (todo). RectoVerso (todo).
- DataJoin type: How the new corners are build up. Intersection gives sharp corners by linear extension of the edges. Arc and Tangent give rounded corners.
- Option: Intersection: Allows offsets pointing inwards to "overflow" the gap by intersecting the resulting shape until opposite faces are reached.
- Option: Self Intersection: (todo).
- Option: Fill Offset: When the shape was 2 dimensional, the gap between the 2 shapes gets filled. The fill is now a solid, hence the source shape is not a solid. Thus boolean operations may lead to strange results. (see example below).