Part Measure Linear
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Part Measure Linear
|Measure → Measure Linear|
|Introduced in version|
|Std MeasureDistance, Draft Dimension|
This command measures the distance between two selected topological elements (vertex, edge, face) and displays measurements in the 3D view. The shortest distance between the two elements and the delta measurements (distances parallel to the global X, Y, Z axes) are shown.
The appearance of the measurements can be changed in the preferences.
- Select any combination of two elements: vertices, edges, faces
- There are several ways to invoke the command:
- Press the Measure Linear button.
- Select the Measure → Measure Linear option from the menu.
- Alternatively the command can be launched without prior selection. A selection dialog then opens in the Task panel. A Control widget also provides buttons to reset the selection, toggle the measurement display in the 3D view, and clear all measurements.
- Measurements are automatically discarded when closing the document.
- You cannot use the Draft snap tools with this command.
- To add dimensions to drawings use the dimension tools from the TechDraw Workbench.
- For more comprehensive measuring tools, install the Manipulator Workbench (an external workbench).
- Primitives: Box, Cylinder, Sphere, Cone, Torus, Tube, Create primitives, Shape builder
- Creation and modification: Extrude, Revolve, Mirror, Fillet, Chamfer, Make face from wires, Ruled Surface, Loft, Sweep, Section, Cross sections, 3D Offset, 2D Offset, Thickness, Projection on surface, Attachment
- Boolean: Make compound, Explode Compound, Compound Filter, Boolean, Cut, Fuse, Common, Connect, Embed, Cutout, Boolean fragments, Slice apart, Slice, XOR
- Measure: Measure Linear, Measure Angular, Measure Refresh, Clear All, Toggle All, Toggle 3D, Toggle Delta
- Getting started
- Installation: Download, Windows, Linux, Mac, Additional components, Docker, AppImage, Ubuntu Snap
- Basics: About FreeCAD, Interface, Mouse navigation, Selection methods, Object name, Preferences, Workbenches, Document structure, Properties, Help FreeCAD, Donate
- Help: Tutorials, Video tutorials
- Workbenches: Std Base, Arch, Draft, FEM, Image, Inspection, Mesh, OpenSCAD, Part, PartDesign, Path, Points, Raytracing, Reverse Engineering, Sketcher, Spreadsheet, Start, Surface, TechDraw, Test Framework, Web
- Deprecated or unmaintained workbenches: Complete, Drawing, Robot
- Hubs: User hub, Power users hub, Developer hub