Part Measure Linear
|Measure → Measure Linear|
|Introduced in version|
|Std MeasureDistance, Draft Dimension|
This command measures the distance between two selected topological elements (vertex, edge, face) and displays measurements in the 3D view. The shortest distance between the two elements and the delta measurements (distances parallel to the global X, Y, Z axes) are shown.
The appearance of the measurements can be changed in the preferences.
- Select any combination of two elements: vertices, edges, faces
- There are several ways to invoke the command:
- Alternatively the command can be launched without prior selection. A selection dialog then opens in the Task panel. A Control widget also provides buttons to reset the selection, toggle the measurement display in the 3D view, and clear all measurements.
- Measurements are automatically discarded when closing the document.
- You cannot use the Draft snap tools with this command.
- To add dimensions to drawings use the dimension tools from the TechDraw Workbench.
- For more comprehensive measuring tools, install the Manipulator Workbench (an external workbench).