|Context menu → Set colors|
|Introduced in version|
The FaceColors feature allows you to define a color for each face or surface of an object. This way you can assign multiple colors to one part. To color whole parts, use the SetAppearance feature instead.
To color faces:
- Right-click on an object in the tree view. If the object supports the FaceColors feature, there is a context menu entry Set colors... and you can click on it.
- To select face(s):
- For a single face simply click on it.
- To select multiple faces:
- Keep pressed and click on several faces.
- Or click the 3D view with the mouse. Every face that is partly inside the rectangle will be selected. button in the task panel. You can then drag a selection rectangle in the
- Choose a color for the selected faces in the task panel. introduced in version 0.20: The color can also get a transparency by setting the Alpha channel.
- Click the button to close the task panel and accept the changes.
To reset all face colors:
- Click . This sets the colors of all faces of the part to the default color. The button works instantly, i.e. you can not revert this with the button.
The FaceColors task panel