This command creates a compound of objects with a topological shape such as solid objects and other objects with faces and/or edges. It cannot handle meshes as they do not have a topological shape.
- Mark the topological shapes to be added to the compound in the tree view
- Choose Part → Compound → Make Compound entry in the Part menu or click on the button.
A compound containing pieces that intersect or touch is invalid for Boolean operations. Because of performance issues, checking if the pieces intersect is not done by default. Automatic geometry check (available for Boolean operations) is disabled for part compound as well.
To turn this check on go to Tools → Edit Parameters → Preferences... → Mod → Part → CheckGeometry → RunBOPCheck and set the parameter to
- Creation and modification: Extrude, Revolve, Mirror, Fillet, Chamfer, Make face from wires, Ruled Surface, Loft, Sweep, Section, Cross sections, 3D Offset, 2D Offset, Thickness, Projection on surface, Attachment
- Boolean: Make compound, Explode Compound, Compound Filter, Boolean, Cut, Fuse, Common, Connect, Embed, Cutout, Boolean fragments, Slice apart, Slice, XOR
- Other tools: Import, Export, Box selection, Shape from Mesh, Points from mesh, Convert to solid, Reverse shapes, Create simple copy, Create transformed copy, Create shape element copy, Refine shape, Check geometry, Defeaturing, Appearance, Set colors
- Getting started
- Installation: Download, Windows, Linux, Mac, Additional components, Docker, AppImage, Ubuntu Snap
- Basics: About FreeCAD, Interface, Mouse navigation, Selection methods, Object name, Preferences, Workbenches, Document structure, Properties, Help FreeCAD, Donate
- Help: Tutorials, Video tutorials
- Workbenches: Std Base, Arch, Draft, FEM, Image, Inspection, Mesh, OpenSCAD, Part, PartDesign, Path, Points, Raytracing, Reverse Engineering, Sketcher, Spreadsheet, Start, Surface, TechDraw, Test Framework, Web
- Deprecated or unmaintained workbenches: Complete, Drawing, Robot