Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Part Design → Create a subtractive primitive → Subtractive Cylinder|
|Introduced in version|
|PartDesign CompPrimitiveSubtractive, PartDesign_AdditiveCylinder|
Inserts a subtractive cylinder in the active Body. Its shape is subtracted from the existing solid.
On the left: active body (A) shown in grey and subtractive cylinder (B) shown in transparent red; result on the right.
- Press the Subtractive Cylinder button. Note: the Subtractive Cylinder is part of an icon menu labelled Create an subtractive primitive. After launching FreeCAD, the Subtractive Box is the one displayed in the toolbar. To get to the Cylinder button, click on the down arrow besides the visible icon and select Subtractive cylinder in the menu.
- Set the Primitive parameters and Attachment.
- Click OK.
- A Cylinder feature appears under the active Body.
It is possible to create skewed cylinders by specifying angles in respect to the normal vector of the chosen attachment. introduced in version 0.20
The Cylinder can be edited after its creation in two ways:
- Double-clicking it in the Model tree, or by right-clicking and selecting Edit primitive in the contextual menu; this brings up the Primitive parameters.
- Via the Property editor.
- DataAttachment: defines the attachment mode as well as the Attachment Offset. See Part EditAttachment.
- DataLabel: label given to the Cylinder object. Change to suit your needs.
- DataRadius: the radius value of the cylinder.
- DataAngle: angle of rotation of the cross section (360 degrees forms a full cylinder).
- DataHeight: the height of the cylinder along its axis.
- DataFirst Angle: angle in first direction. introduced in version 0.20
- DataSecond Angle: angle in second direction. introduced in version 0.20
- Structure tools: Part, Group
- Helper tools: Create body, Create sketch, Edit sketch, Map sketch to face
- Modeling tools
- Datum tools: Create a datum point, Create a datum line, Create a datum plane, Create a local coordinate system, Create a shape binder, Create a sub-object(s) shape binder, Create a clone
- Additive tools: Pad, Revolution, Additive loft, Additive pipe, Additive helix, Additive box, Additive cylinder, Additive sphere, Additive cone, Additive ellipsoid, Additive torus, Additive prism, Additive wedge
- Subtractive tools: Pocket, Hole, Groove, Subtractive loft, Subtractive pipe, Subtractive helix, Subtractive box, Subtractive cylinder, Subtractive sphere, Subtractive cone, Subtractive ellipsoid, Subtractive torus, Subtractive prism, Subtractive wedge
- Transformation tools: Mirrored, Linear Pattern, Polar Pattern, Create MultiTransform, Scaled
- Dress-up tools: Fillet, Chamfer, Draft, Thickness
- Boolean: Boolean operation
- Extras: Migrate, Sprocket, Involute gear, Shaft design wizard
- Context menu: Set tip, Move object to other body, Move object after other object, Appearance, Set colors
- Getting started
- Installation: Download, Windows, Linux, Mac, Additional components, Docker, AppImage, Ubuntu Snap
- Basics: About FreeCAD, Interface, Mouse navigation, Selection methods, Object name, Preferences, Workbenches, Document structure, Properties, Help FreeCAD, Donate
- Help: Tutorials, Video tutorials
- Workbenches: Std Base, Arch, Draft, FEM, Inspection, Mesh, OpenSCAD, Part, PartDesign, Path, Points, Reverse Engineering, Robot, Sketcher, Spreadsheet, Start, Surface, TechDraw, Test Framework, Web
- Hubs: User hub, Power users hub, Developer hub