Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Part Design → Create a subtractive primitive → Subtractive Cone|
|Introduced in version|
|PartDesign CompPrimitiveSubtractive, PartDesign AdditiveCone|
Inserts a subtractive cone in the active Body. Its shape is subtracted from the existing solid.
On the left: active body (A) shown in grey and subtractive cone (B) shown in transparent red; result on the right.
- Press the Subtractive Cone button. Note: the Subtractive Cone is part of an icon menu labelled Create a subtractive primitive. After launching FreeCAD, the Subtractive Box is the one displayed in the toolbar. To get to the Cone button, click on the down arrow besides the visible icon and select Subtractive Cone in the menu.
- Set the Primitive parameters (for a complete cone, set one of the radii to zero) and the Attachment.
- Click OK.
- A Cone feature appears under the active Body.
The Cone can be edited after its creation in two ways:
- Double-clicking it in the Model tree, or by right-clicking and selecting Edit primitive in the contextual menu; this brings up the Primitive parameters.
- Via the Property editor.
- DataAttachment: defines the attachment mode as well as the Attachment Offset. See Part EditAttachment.
- DataLabel: label given to the Cone object. Change to suit your needs.
- DataRadius1: the radius value at the cone's base.
- DataRadius2: the radius value at the cone's top. A non-zero value creates a truncated cone.
- DataHeight: the height of the cone along its axis.
- DataAngle: angle of rotation of the cross section (360 degrees in a full cone).
- Structure tools: Part, Group
- Helper tools: Create body, Create sketch, Edit sketch, Map sketch to face
- Modeling tools
- Datum tools: Create a datum point, Create a datum line, Create a datum plane, Create a local coordinate system, Create a shape binder, Create a sub-object(s) shape binder, Create a clone
- Additive tools: Pad, Revolution, Additive loft, Additive pipe, Additive helix, Additive box, Additive cylinder, Additive sphere, Additive cone, Additive ellipsoid, Additive torus, Additive prism, Additive wedge
- Subtractive tools: Pocket, Hole, Groove, Subtractive loft, Subtractive pipe, Subtractive helix, Subtractive box, Subtractive cylinder, Subtractive sphere, Subtractive cone, Subtractive ellipsoid, Subtractive torus, Subtractive prism, Subtractive wedge
- Transformation tools: Mirrored, Linear Pattern, Polar Pattern, Create MultiTransform, Scaled
- Dress-up tools: Fillet, Chamfer, Draft, Thickness
- Boolean: Boolean operation
- Extras: Migrate, Sprocket, Involute gear, Shaft design wizard
- Context menu: Set tip, Move object to other body, Move object after other object, Appearance, Set colors
- Getting started
- Installation: Download, Windows, Linux, Mac, Additional components, Docker, AppImage, Ubuntu Snap
- Basics: About FreeCAD, Interface, Mouse navigation, Selection methods, Object name, Preferences, Workbenches, Document structure, Properties, Help FreeCAD, Donate
- Help: Tutorials, Video tutorials
- Workbenches: Std Base, Arch, Draft, FEM, Image, Inspection, Mesh, OpenSCAD, Part, PartDesign, Path, Points, Raytracing, Reverse Engineering, Sketcher, Spreadsheet, Start, Surface, TechDraw, Test Framework, Web
- Deprecated or unmaintained workbenches: Complete, Drawing, Robot
- Hubs: User hub, Power users hub, Developer hub