Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Part Design → Sprocket...|
|Introduced in version|
This tool allows you to create a 2D profile of a sprocket (or chainwheel). It can be padded with the PartDesign Pad feature.
- Go to the menu Part Design → Sprocket....
- Set the DataNumber Of Teeth and the DataSprocket Reference.
- If the sprocket gear is created outside of the active body, drag and drop it into a body for the application of further features like padding.
- DataNumber Of Teeth: Number of teeth
- DataSprocket Reference: The sprocket type. A list of sprocket definitions. introduced in version 0.20 The list includes ANSI and ISO-norms as well as some bicycle and motorcycle sprocket definitions.
- DataPitch: Distance between two teeth
- DataRoller Diameter: Diameter of the chain rollers the sprocket is designed for
- DataThickness:The principal thickness of the sprocket. Note: The sprocket cannot just be padded with this thickness because the teeth have side chamfers. Therefore look at the sprocket definition to model a valid 3D sprocket. introduced in version 0.20