|Part Design → Create a clone|
|Introduced in version|
PartDesign Clone creates a linked copy of a selected object which will follow any future edits to the original object (except placement). For example, one use case is when you want to do PartDesign Boolean on an object created in another workbench. Most types of objects are accepted, as long as they are single solids. If you need to clone multiple objects (i.e., bodies) or a Part Container, you may use Draft Workbench's clone. One caveat is that the Part Design Workbench's clone sets the current placement of the clone as zero (both Cartesian translation and spatial orientations). While the Draft's workbenches clone calculates and sets the numerical values of the current placement and orientation of the cloned objects with respect to the cloned object container.
Clone of the inner gear while being translated in 3D space as an independent object
- DataBase Feature: sets the original object the clone is based on. To replace, press the ... button to get a list of available objects.
- DataPlacement: defines the orientation and position of the Clone in the 3D space. See Placement.
- DataLabel: label given to the Clone object. Change to suit your needs.
- Only a single object can be used for a PartDesign Clone.
- Only objects that consist of a single solid are supported. Hence, compounds like Part container, Part Compound or Draft OrthoArray are not supported.
- Structure tools: Part, Group
- Helper tools: Create body, Create sketch, Edit sketch, Map sketch to face
- Modeling tools
- Datum tools: Create a datum point, Create a datum line, Create a datum plane, Create a local coordinate system, Create a shape binder, Create a sub-object(s) shape binder, Create a clone
- Additive tools: Pad, Revolution, Additive loft, Additive pipe, Additive helix, Additive box, Additive cylinder, Additive sphere, Additive cone, Additive ellipsoid, Additive torus, Additive prism, Additive wedge
- Subtractive tools: Pocket, Hole, Groove, Subtractive loft, Subtractive pipe, Subtractive helix, Subtractive box, Subtractive cylinder, Subtractive sphere, Subtractive cone, Subtractive ellipsoid, Subtractive torus, Subtractive prism, Subtractive wedge
- Transformation tools: Mirrored, Linear Pattern, Polar Pattern, Create MultiTransform, Scaled
- Dress-up tools: Fillet, Chamfer, Draft, Thickness
- Boolean: Boolean operation
- Extras: Migrate, Sprocket, Involute gear, Shaft design wizard
- Context menu: Set tip, Move object to other body, Move object after other object, Appearance, Set colors
- Getting started
- Installation: Download, Windows, Linux, Mac, Additional components, Docker, AppImage, Ubuntu Snap
- Basics: About FreeCAD, Interface, Mouse navigation, Selection methods, Object name, Preferences, Workbenches, Document structure, Properties, Help FreeCAD, Donate
- Help: Tutorials, Video tutorials
- Workbenches: Std Base, Arch, Draft, FEM, Inspection, Mesh, OpenSCAD, Part, PartDesign, Path, Points, Reverse Engineering, Robot, Sketcher, Spreadsheet, Start, Surface, TechDraw, Test Framework, Web
- Hubs: User hub, Power users hub, Developer hub