Jump to navigation Jump to search
|OpenSCAD → Refine Shape Feature|
|Introduced in version|
Cleans unnecessary lines. After a Boolean operation, some lines defining the previous form remain visible, this tool creates a copy of the totally cleaned.
- Select the shape to be cleaned.
- Click the OpenSCAD → Refine shape menu.
- A parent-object is created and totally cleaned, the original object is rendered hidden.
- The refinement algorithm only works on shells. Therefore it iterates over the shells of the input shape and then for each shell it creates a new shell with joined faces wherever possible. This means if your input shape is only a face, wire, edge or vertex then the algorithm does nothing.
- As opposed to Part RefineShape in the Part Workbench, this feature WILL update when the underlying shapes are changed.
- the function does not modify the existing shape, but returns a new shape.
- the function is normally used as last step in the modelling history.
- the function can help to get difficult fillets to work.
- the function is intended to stop 3D printers from printing unwanted edges.
- Getting started
- Installation: Download, Windows, Linux, Mac, Additional components, Docker, AppImage, Ubuntu Snap
- Basics: About FreeCAD, Interface, Mouse navigation, Selection methods, Object name, Preferences, Workbenches, Document structure, Properties, Help FreeCAD, Donate
- Help: Tutorials, Video tutorials
- Workbenches: Std Base, Arch, Draft, FEM, Image, Inspection, Mesh, OpenSCAD, Part, PartDesign, Path, Points, Raytracing, Reverse Engineering, Sketcher, Spreadsheet, Start, Surface, TechDraw, Test Framework, Web
- Deprecated or unmaintained workbenches: Complete, Drawing, Robot
- Hubs: User hub, Power users hub, Developer hub