This documentation is not finished. Please help and contribute documentation.
GuiCommand model explains how commands should be documented. Browse Category:UnfinishedDocu to see more incomplete pages like this one. See Category:Command Reference for all commands.
See WikiPages to learn about editing the wiki pages, and go to Help FreeCAD to learn about other ways in which you can contribute.
The ModernUI Workbench is an external workbench that replaces the standard user interface. It has modern features such as:
- Each workbench has its ribbon tab.
- Modern UI ribbon tab replaces the top-level menu.
- Activating a workbench's ribbon tab shows groups of the workbench's tools.
- Panels such as Combo View are collapsed/expanded upon mouse-over.
- Author: Hakan Seven
- Source code on github: Source code Modern-UI
Begrenzungen und Problembehebung
- If you experience unexpected behavior, always first try to uninstall and then reinstall the ModernUI workbench.
- The workbench is primarily tested with English and may exhibit unexpected behavior in other languages.
- Installing more workbenches after installing ModernUI may cause problems.
Install with the Addon Manager.
Note: To uninstall, you have to create a macro and execute it. If you do not feel confident about this, consider to not install.
Running Modern UI in a self-contained directory
To easily test Modern UI without interfering with your standard configuration, you can contain it in a separate directory. Uninstalling Modern UI is then simply accomplished by deleting the directory. introduced in version 0.19
$ mkdir modernUI # new directory that contains Modern UI $ cd modernUI $ HOME="$PWD" FREECAD_USER_HOME="$PWD" FreeCAD_0.19.AppImage
When starting FreeCAD like this for the first time, you have a new default configuration. Now install (and configure) Modern UI. This is essentially a portable FreeCAD version.
Instead of using the command line, you can also create a dedicated desktop icon.
There are not dedicated instructions for Windows yet, however, it is very similar to creating a portable version of FreeCAD on a USB medium.
Detailed instructions can be found on GitHub.
The uninstall sequence is as follows:
- Uninstall with the Addon Manager.
- Restart FreeCAD.
- Create a macro with this code:
from PySide2 import QtCore, QtGui, QtWidgets mw = FreeCADGui.getMainWindow() mw.menuBar().show() WBList = FreeCADGui.listWorkbenches() for WB in WBList: FreeCADGui.activateWorkbench(WB) for tb in mw.findChildren(QtWidgets.QToolBar): tb.show()
- Führe das Makro aus.
- FreeCAD neu starten.
- FreeCAD Forum: https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=44937
- Report bugs: https://github.com/HakanSeven12/Modern-UI
- Patreon (to support the author): https://www.patreon.com/HakanSeven12
- Erste Schritte
- Installation: Herunterladen, Windows, Linux, Mac, Zusätzlicher Komponenten, Docker, AppImage, Ubuntu Snap
- Grundlagen: Über FreeCAD, Graphische Oberfläche, Mausbedienung, Auswahlmethoden, Objektname, Programmeinstellungen, Arbeitsbereiche, Dokumentstruktur, Objekteigenschaften, Hilf FreeCAD, Spende
- Hilfe: Tutorien, Video Tutorien
- Arbeitsbereiche: Std Base, Arch, Draft, FEM, Inspection, Mesh, OpenSCAD, Part, PartDesign, Path, Points, Reverse Engineering, Robot, Sketcher, Spreadsheet, Start, Surface, TechDraw, Test Framework, Web