Umstieg auf FreeCAD von SolidWorks
This documentation is not finished. Please help and contribute documentation.
GuiCommand model explains how commands should be documented. Browse Category:UnfinishedDocu to see more incomplete pages like this one. See Category:Command Reference for all commands.
See WikiPages to learn about editing the wiki pages, and go to Help FreeCAD to learn about other ways in which you can contribute.
The intention of this page is to serve as a guide for users that are accustomed to the SolidWorks CAD/CAM workflow and want to migrate to FreeCAD.
Understanding a little of the history of FreeCAD may help users comprehend it better:
- FreeCAD was initially designed to behave parametrically using the Constructive solid geometry method (see the Part Workbench).
- Later it incorporated the Feature editing method with the PartDesign Workbench. SolidWorks also uses this approach.
The PartDesign Workbench has many functions that are equivalent to SolidWorks. The image below identifies equivalent functions and their names on each platform, as well as functions that are unique to each platform.
A comparison between FreeCAD and SolidWorks. Click the image for a higher resolution.
Topological naming problem
FreeCAD version 0.20 is still affected by the Topological naming problem, but there are plans to fix this in the next version.
List of helpful tutorials
There are many video tutorials online. Some of the more popular (at the time this was written) are by a Youtuber calling himself Joko Engineeringhelp.
One of his tutorials is meant specifically for former SolidWorks users: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XXnulyKPNI
Some of the other videos are comparisons of SolidWorks and FreeCAD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RX8-3rMCbRw
- Anyone willing to collaborate on writing guides for users coming from other CAD/CAM solutions to FreeCAD?
- Extreme Difficulty coming from Autodesk Inventor 2019.
- Erste Schritte
- Installation: Herunterladen, Windows, Linux, Mac, Zusätzlicher Komponenten, Docker, AppImage, Ubuntu Snap
- Grundlagen: Über FreeCAD, Graphische Oberfläche, Mausbedienung, Auswahlmethoden, Objektname, Programmeinstellungen, Arbeitsbereiche, Dokumentstruktur, Objekteigenschaften, Hilf FreeCAD, Spende
- Hilfe: Tutorien, Video Tutorien
- Arbeitsbereiche: Std Base, Arch, Draft, FEM, Inspection, Mesh, OpenSCAD, Part, PartDesign, Path, Points, Reverse Engineering, Robot, Sketcher, Spreadsheet, Start, Surface, TechDraw, Test Framework, Web