The Mesh Union command creates a new non-parametric mesh object, a Mesh Feature, that is the union (fusion) of two mesh objects.
OpenSCAD must be installed to use this command, and the path to its executable must be set in the OpenSCAD preferences.
On the left two mesh objects, on the right the mesh object that is the union of those objects
- Select two mesh objects that partially overlap.
- There are several ways to invoke the command:
- Press the Union button.
- Select the Meshes → Boolean → Union option from the menu.
See: Mesh Feature.
- Miscellaneous: Import mesh, Export mesh, Create mesh from shape, Regular solid, Unwrap Mesh, Unwrap Face
- Modifying: Harmonize normals, Flip normals, Fill holes, Close hole, Add triangle, Remove components, Remove components by hand, Smooth, Refinement, Decimation, Scale
- Getting started
- Installation: Download, Windows, Linux, Mac, Additional components, Docker, AppImage, Ubuntu Snap
- Basics: About FreeCAD, Interface, Mouse navigation, Selection methods, Object name, Preferences, Workbenches, Document structure, Properties, Help FreeCAD, Donate
- Help: Tutorials, Video tutorials
- Workbenches: Std Base, Arch, Draft, FEM, Inspection, Mesh, OpenSCAD, Part, PartDesign, Path, Points, Reverse Engineering, Robot, Sketcher, Spreadsheet, Start, Surface, TechDraw, Test Framework, Web