Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Meshes → Refinement...|
|Introduced in version|
The Mesh RemeshGmsh command remeshes a mesh object using the Gmsh mesher. The new mesh can be finer or coarser.
- Select a single mesh object.
- There are several ways to invoke the command:
- Press the Mesh RemeshGmsh button.
- Select the Meshes → Refinement... option from the menu.
- The Remesh by gmsh task panel opens.
- Specify the required settings. See the Gmsh mesher settings of the Mesh FromPartShape command.
- Press the Apply button to remesh the mesh object.
- Optionally change one or more settings and again press the Apply button until the new mesh is to your liking.
- Press the Close button to close the task panel and finish the command.
- In some cases this command will produce a mesh with flipped normals. The Mesh FlipNormals command can be used to correct this.
See: Mesh Feature.
- Miscellaneous: Import mesh, Export mesh, Create mesh from shape, Regular solid, Unwrap Mesh, Unwrap Face
- Modifying: Harmonize normals, Flip normals, Fill holes, Close hole, Add triangle, Remove components, Remove components by hand, Smooth, Refinement, Decimation, Scale
- Boolean: Union, Intersection, Difference
- Cutting: Cut mesh, Trim mesh, Trim mesh with a plane, Create section from mesh and plane, Cross-sections
- Components and segments: Merge, Split by components, Create mesh segments, Create mesh segments from best-fit surfaces
- Getting started
- Installation: Download, Windows, Linux, Mac, Additional components, Docker, AppImage, Ubuntu Snap
- Basics: About FreeCAD, Interface, Mouse navigation, Selection methods, Object name, Preferences, Workbenches, Document structure, Properties, Help FreeCAD, Donate
- Help: Tutorials, Video tutorials
- Workbenches: Std Base, Arch, Draft, FEM, Image, Inspection, Mesh, OpenSCAD, Part, PartDesign, Path, Points, Raytracing, Reverse Engineering, Sketcher, Spreadsheet, Start, Surface, TechDraw, Test Framework, Web
- Deprecated or unmaintained workbenches: Complete, Drawing, Robot
- Hubs: User hub, Power users hub, Developer hub