|Meshes → Harmonize normals
|Introduced in version
The Mesh HarmonizeNormals command harmonizes the normals of mesh objects.
- Select one or more mesh objects.
- There are several ways to invoke the command:
- This command can produce a mesh with flipped normals. The Mesh FlipNormals command can be used to correct this.
- For a clear indication of the orientation of the faces of mesh objects make sure the ViewLighting property of the mesh objects is set to
One side. The color of the back side of their faces will then depend on the backlight settings: Edit → Preferences... → Display → 3D View → Backlight color - Intensity. See: Preferences Editor.
- Miscellaneous: Import mesh, Export mesh, Create mesh from shape, Regular solid, Unwrap Mesh, Unwrap Face
- Modifying: Harmonize normals, Flip normals, Fill holes, Close hole, Add triangle, Remove components, Remove components by hand, Smooth, Refinement, Decimation, Scale
- Getting started
- Installation: Download, Windows, Linux, Mac, Additional components, Docker, AppImage, Ubuntu Snap
- Basics: About FreeCAD, Interface, Mouse navigation, Selection methods, Object name, Preferences, Workbenches, Document structure, Properties, Help FreeCAD, Donate
- Help: Tutorials, Video tutorials
- Workbenches: Std Base, Arch, Draft, FEM, Inspection, Mesh, OpenSCAD, Part, PartDesign, Path, Points, Reverse Engineering, Robot, Sketcher, Spreadsheet, Start, Surface, TechDraw, Test Framework, Web