Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Meshes → Harmonize normals|
|Introduced in version|
The Mesh HarmonizeNormals command harmonizes the normals of mesh objects.
- Select one or more mesh objects.
- There are several ways to invoke the command:
- Press the Mesh HarmonizeNormals button.
- Select the Meshes → Harmonize normals option from the menu.
- This command can produce a mesh with flipped normals. The Mesh FlipNormals command can be used to correct this.
- For a clear indication of the orientation of the faces of mesh objects make sure the ViewLighting property of the mesh objects is set to
One side. The color of the back side of their faces will then depend on the backlight settings: Edit → Preferences... → Display → 3D View → Backlight color - Intensity. See: Preferences Editor.
- Miscellaneous: Import mesh, Export mesh, Create mesh from shape, Regular solid, Unwrap Mesh, Unwrap Face
- Modifying: Harmonize normals, Flip normals, Fill holes, Close hole, Add triangle, Remove components, Remove components by hand, Smooth, Refinement, Decimation, Scale
- Boolean: Union, Intersection, Difference
- Cutting: Cut mesh, Trim mesh, Trim mesh with a plane, Create section from mesh and plane, Cross-sections
- Components and segments: Merge, Split by components, Create mesh segments, Create mesh segments from best-fit surfaces
- Getting started
- Installation: Download, Windows, Linux, Mac, Additional components, Docker, AppImage, Ubuntu Snap
- Basics: About FreeCAD, Interface, Mouse navigation, Selection methods, Object name, Preferences, Workbenches, Document structure, Properties, Help FreeCAD, Donate
- Help: Tutorials, Video tutorials
- Workbenches: Std Base, Arch, Draft, FEM, Image, Inspection, Mesh, OpenSCAD, Part, PartDesign, Path, Points, Raytracing, Reverse Engineering, Sketcher, Spreadsheet, Start, Surface, TechDraw, Test Framework, Web
- Deprecated or unmaintained workbenches: Complete, Drawing, Robot
- Hubs: User hub, Power users hub, Developer hub