Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Meshes → Add triangle|
|Introduced in version|
|Mesh FillupHoles, Mesh FillInteractiveHole|
The Mesh AddFacet command adds faces along a boundary of an open mesh object. It can be used to fill holes.
- During the command edit mode will be active. In this mode it is impossible to rotate or pan the 3D view, although zooming still works. But you can temporarily switch out of edit mode with the Std ToggleNavigation command should you need to change the view.
- Select a single open mesh object.
- There are several ways to invoke the command:
- Press the Mesh AddFacet button.
- Select the Meshes → Add triangle option from the menu.
- If you hover over a vertex along a boundary of the mesh a yellow marker will appear and a left-click will select it.
- Select two additional points to define a triangular face. The order of the three points, clockwise or counterclockwise, determines the direction of the normal of the face.
- A menu pops up with the following options:
- Add triangle: adds the face to the mesh.
- Flip normal: flips the normal of the face. After selecting this option a left-click will again show the menu.
- Clear: removes the selected points.
- Optionally add more faces.
- Choose Finish from the 3D view contex menu to finish the command.
- For a clear indication of the orientation of the faces of mesh objects make sure the ViewLighting property of the mesh objects is set to
One side. The color of the back side of their faces will then depend on the backlight settings: Edit → Preferences... → Display → 3D View → Backlight color - Intensity. See: Preferences Editor.
- Miscellaneous: Import mesh, Export mesh, Create mesh from shape, Regular solid, Unwrap Mesh, Unwrap Face
- Modifying: Harmonize normals, Flip normals, Fill holes, Close hole, Add triangle, Remove components, Remove components by hand, Smooth, Refinement, Decimation, Scale
- Boolean: Union, Intersection, Difference
- Cutting: Cut mesh, Trim mesh, Trim mesh with a plane, Create section from mesh and plane, Cross-sections
- Components and segments: Merge, Split by components, Create mesh segments, Create mesh segments from best-fit surfaces
- Getting started
- Installation: Download, Windows, Linux, Mac, Additional components, Docker, AppImage, Ubuntu Snap
- Basics: About FreeCAD, Interface, Mouse navigation, Selection methods, Object name, Preferences, Workbenches, Document structure, Properties, Help FreeCAD, Donate
- Help: Tutorials, Video tutorials
- Workbenches: Std Base, Arch, Draft, FEM, Image, Inspection, Mesh, OpenSCAD, Part, PartDesign, Path, Points, Raytracing, Reverse Engineering, Sketcher, Spreadsheet, Start, Surface, TechDraw, Test Framework, Web
- Deprecated or unmaintained workbenches: Complete, Drawing, Robot
- Hubs: User hub, Power users hub, Developer hub