Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Meshes → Unwrap Mesh|
|Introduced in version|
|Mesh Part Create Flat Face|
The MeshPart CreateFlatMesh command creates a flat representation of a mesh object by unwrapping, unfolding, it. The created outline is a Part Feature.
A mesh object and, in red, its flat representation
- Select a single mesh object. The mesh must be 'unwrappable'. For example, to unwrap a cylindrical mesh it must have open ends and an open seam. Also curved surfaces must have a relatively fine mesh. Use the Mesh RemeshGmsh command if necessary.
- Select the Meshes → Unwrap Mesh option from the menu.
See: Part Feature.
- Miscellaneous: Import mesh, Export mesh, Create mesh from shape, Regular solid, Unwrap Mesh, Unwrap Face
- Modifying: Harmonize normals, Flip normals, Fill holes, Close hole, Add triangle, Remove components, Remove components by hand, Smooth, Refinement, Decimation, Scale
- Boolean: Union, Intersection, Difference
- Cutting: Cut mesh, Trim mesh, Trim mesh with a plane, Create section from mesh and plane, Cross-sections
- Components and segments: Merge, Split by components, Create mesh segments, Create mesh segments from best-fit surfaces
- Getting started
- Installation: Download, Windows, Linux, Mac, Additional components, Docker, AppImage, Ubuntu Snap
- Basics: About FreeCAD, Interface, Mouse navigation, Selection methods, Object name, Preferences, Workbenches, Document structure, Properties, Help FreeCAD, Donate
- Help: Tutorials, Video tutorials
- Workbenches: Std Base, Arch, Draft, FEM, Image, Inspection, Mesh, OpenSCAD, Part, PartDesign, Path, Points, Raytracing, Reverse Engineering, Sketcher, Spreadsheet, Start, Surface, TechDraw, Test Framework, Web
- Deprecated or unmaintained workbenches: Complete, Drawing, Robot
- Hubs: User hub, Power users hub, Developer hub