FreeCAD Build Tool
The FreeCAD build tool or fcbt is a python script located at
It can be used to simplify some frequent tasks in building, distributing and extending FreeCAD.
With Python correctly installed, fcbt can be invoked by the command
It displays a menu, where you can select the task you want to use it for:
FreeCAD Build Tool Usage: fcbt <command name> [command parameter] possible commands are: - DistSrc (DS) Build a source Distr. of the current source tree - DistBin (DB) Build a binary Distr. of the current source tree - DistSetup (DI) Build a Setup Distr. of the current source tree - DistSetup (DUI) Build a User Setup Distr. of the current source tree - DistAll (DA) Run all three above modules - NextBuildNumber (NBN) Increase the Build Number of this Version - CreateModule (CM) Insert a new FreeCAD Module (Workbench) in the module directory For help on the modules type: fcbt <command name> ?
At the input prompt enter the abbreviated command you want to call. For example type "CM" for creating a module.
The command "DS" creates a source distribution of the current source tree.
The command "DB" creates a binary distribution of the current source tree.
The command "DI" creates a setup distribution of the current source tree.
The command "DUI" creates a user setup distribution of the current source tree.
The command "DA" executes "DS", "DB" and "DI" in sequence.
The "NBN" command increments the build number to create a new release version of FreeCAD.
The "CM" command creates a new application module (Workbench).
- Getting started
- Installation: Download, Windows, Linux, Mac, Additional components, Docker, AppImage, Ubuntu Snap
- Basics: About FreeCAD, Interface, Mouse navigation, Selection methods, Object name, Preferences, Workbenches, Document structure, Properties, Help FreeCAD, Donate
- Help: Tutorials, Video tutorials
- Workbenches: Std Base, Arch, Draft, FEM, Inspection, Mesh, OpenSCAD, Part, PartDesign, Path, Points, Reverse Engineering, Robot, Sketcher, Spreadsheet, Start, Surface, TechDraw, Test Framework, Web
- Hubs: User hub, Power users hub, Developer hub