The FreeCAD Preferences Editor under menu Edit → Preferences is commonly used to set and manipulate the FreeCAD parameters table.
However, it is also possible to access, modify and create parameters manually, using the Parameter Editor found under menu Tools → Edit parameters.
This page lists parameters that are not accessible via the preferences editor, but that you can set manually to fine-tune your FreeCAD installation or overcome problems. All parameters are located in BaseApp/Preferences/.
- Addons/developerMode (boolean): Set to
trueto enable the developer mode of the Addon Manager. See Package Metadata.
- Bitmaps/Theme/ThemeSearchPaths (boolean): Set to
falseso FreeCAD uses its included icons instead of the system icon theme on Linux.
- Dialog/DontUseNativeColorDialog (boolean): Color picker dialog setting. Set to
falseif you want FreeCAD to use the native color dialog on your system rather than the Qt Color Dialog. Defaults to
- Dialog/DontUseNativeDialog (boolean): File dialog setting. Set to
falseif you want to use the native File dialog when opening files or to
trueto use the Qt File Picker Dialog. Default depends on a compile time setting: #define (USE_QT_FILEDIALOG).
- Dialog/DontUseNativeFontDialog (boolean): Used by the Draft ShapeString command. Set to
falseto use the native Font dialog. Defaults to
- DockWindows/DAGView/Enabled (boolean): Set to
trueto enable a beta DAG view dockable widget. After changing the parameter value, a FreeCAD restart is needed so the widget is available in the View/Panels list.
- DockWindows/PropertyView/Enabled (boolean): Set to
trueto enable a Property View dockable widget independent from the Combo View. After changing the parameter value, a FreeCAD restart is needed so the widget is available in the View/Panels list.
- DockWindows/TreeView/Enabled (boolean): Set to
trueto enable a Tree View dockable widget independent from the Combo View. After changing the parameter value, a FreeCAD restart is needed so the widget is available in the View/Panels list.
- Document/AutoNameDynamicProperty (boolean): Set to
trueto make FreeCAD automatically rename dynamic properties with an invalid specified name instead of throwing an exception. Note that Python code will not have access to the new name.
- Document/ChangeViewProviderTouchDocument (boolean): Set to
falseso items visibility changes won't mark the document as changed.
- Document/SaveThumbnailFix (boolean): Set to
trueto fix a problem with Qt5 that prevents the generation of
- General/LockToolBars (boolean): Set to
trueto prevent toolbars from being draggable, and to hide the small drag handles. Mostly used in conjunction with stylesheets that make the toolbars vertical.
- General/RecentIncludesExported (boolean): Set to
trueto include exported files in the Recent Files list. Defaults to
- General/RecentIncludesImported (boolean): Set to
falseto exclude imported files from the Recent Files list. Defaults to
- Macro/DuplicateFrom001 (boolean): Set to
trueto always begin searching for suggested duplicate macro filename with @001 instead of current @NNN, if applicable. Defaults to
- Macro/DuplicateIgnoreExtraNote (boolean): Set to
trueto ignore extra note when suggesting duplicate macro filename. Extra note is text in the filename following "@NNN" and before ".FCMacro". Example: "firstname.lastname@example.org_note.FCMacro". If
truethe next suggested filename is "my_macro@006.FCMacro". If set to
falsethe next suggested filename is "email@example.com_note.FCMacro". To be recognized as an extra note the text should begin with a dot (".") following the "@NNN". Otherwise, for example "my_macro@006_my_note.FCMacro" gets "my_macro@006_my_note@001.FCMacro" as suggested new filename, which might be desirable in some cases. Defaults to
- Macro/ReplaceSpaces (boolean): Set to
falseif you do not want spaces in your filenames automatically converted to underscores when creating, renaming, or duplicating a macro. Does not affect existing files, only matters when creating new file or renaming or duplicating existing file. Defaults to
- MainWindow/ClearMenuBar (boolean): Set to
trueto clear the menu bar on workbench change, useful when using a global menu as they may fail to update on workbench change and quickly get cluttered with each workbench's menu entries. Defaults to
false. On macOS it is cleared either way to workaround a Qt bug.
- MainWindow/ToolBarNameAsToolTip (boolean): Set to
falseto not get the toolbar name as a tooltip. Defaults to
- PropertyView/AutoTransactionView (boolean): Set to
trueso changes of View tab properties are added to the undo stack (hence are undoable). Defaults to
- Selection/AutoShowSelectionView (boolean): Set to
trueto make the Selection View pane show automatically when selecting something. Defaults to
- Selection/singleClickFeatureSelect (boolean): Set to
falseto disable single click selection of a feature in PartDesign. Defaults to
- TreeView/HideColumn (boolean): Set to
trueto hide the 'Description' column in the Tree view. Defaults to
- TreeView/TreeViewStretchDescription (boolean): Set to
trueto stretch the 'Description' column in the Tree view to the right edge of the pane. Defaults to
- version 0.20 and below View/Dimensions3dColor (string): Set to a hex color value in the format
#RRGGBBto change the direct dimension display color in Part Measure Linear. For version 0.21 and above see PartDesign Preferences.
- version 0.20 and below View/DimensionsAngularColor (string): Set to a hex color value in the format
#RRGGBBto change the angular dimension display color in Part Measure Angular. For version 0.21 and above see PartDesign Preferences.
- version 0.20 and below View/DimensionsDeltaColor (string): Set to a hex color value in the format
#RRGGBBto change the orthogonal dimensions display color in Part Measure Linear. For version 0.21 and above see PartDesign Preferences.
- View/NavigationDebug (boolean): Enables debug output of navigation styles (as of v0.19, only Gesture navigation style has something to say).
- View/SavePicture (string): Set to FramebufferObject, PixelBuffer or CoinOffscreenRenderer for different methods to produce images from the 3D view.
Имя файла по умолчанию при Экспорте
- General/ExportDefaultFilenameMultiple (string): Set the default filename to use when exporting multiple objects. Defaults to "%F".
- General/ExportDefaultFilenameSingle (string): Set the default filename to use when exporting a single object. Defaults to "%F-%P-".
Both of these options support the automatic insertion of various pieces of information into the filename, using the following format characters:
- %F - the name of the .FCStd file (or the label, if it is not saved yet)
- %Lx - the label of the selected object(s), separated by character 'x'
- %Px - the label of the selected object(s) and their first parent, separated by character 'x'
- %U - the date and time, in UTC, ISO 8601
- %D - the date and time, in local timezone, ISO 8601
Any other characters are treated literally. If the resulting filename is illegal it will be changed on saving, with illegal characters replaced by the underscore (_).
Связанные с Мышью
- General/ComboBoxWheelEventFilter (boolean): Set to
trueso widgets do not catch mouse wheel event and prevent scrollable areas to be scrolled. Needs FreeCAD restart to be taken into account.
- View/GestureMoveThreshold (integer): the distance (px) mouse cursor has to move to enter rotation or pan modes of Gesture navigation style. Default is 5.
- View/GestureRollFwdCommand, View/GestureRollBackCommand (string): commands to be executed by mouse button roll gestures of Gesture navigation style.
- View/GestureTapHoldTimeout (integer): sets for how long to wait (in milliseconds) to enter pan mode in Gesture navigation style. It can be helpful to increase it if dragging geometry in sketcher is difficult. Default is 700.
Сочетания клавиш Клавиатуры
- General/TasksKeyEsc (boolean): Create and set to
falseto disable the key exiting the Task panel in all workbenches (that is if the task panel has focus).
See Navigation Cube.
- Mod/BIM/DefaultPageScale (float): Default scaling for new TechDraw pages created from the BIM Workbench, in case the template doesn't contain any "Scale" or "Scaling" (case insensitive) editable text field.
- Mod/Draft/defaultCameraHeight (int): Sets the height of the camera when Draft starts in an empty document. 0 disables, FreeCAD default is 5, good when working in millimeters, a good height for arch work is 4500.
- Mod/Part/ParametricRefine (boolean): Set to
falseso Part RefineShape creates an independent copy rather than a linked one. Defaults to
- Mod/PartDesign/AdditiveHelixPreview (boolean): Set to
trueto ensure an additive helix that does not intersect the body is visible in the preview. Defaults to
- Mod/PartDesign/SubtractiveHelixPreview (boolean): Set to
trueto ensure a subtractive helix that does not intersect the body is visible in the preview. Defaults to
- Mod/PartDesign/SwitchToTask (boolean): Set to
falseto prevent the PartDesign Workbench from switching to the Task panel when starting. Defaults to
- Mod/PartDesign/SwitchToWB (boolean): Set to
falseto prevent the PartDesign Workbench to be automatically called when a PartDesign Body is activated. Defaults to
- The Path Workbench has two switches to enable experimental features documented on the Path experimental page.
- Mod/Sketcher/RadiusDiameterConstraintDisplayAngleRandomness (float): Set an angle randomness on the above value. Value is the range of the random angle, centered on base angle. Default is 0 degree.
- Mod/Sketcher/RadiusDiameterConstraintDisplayBaseAngle (float): Set the angle (from horizontal) used to display radius/diameter constraints in Sketcher at creation time. Default is 15 degrees (if no value set).
- Mod/Sketcher/RoundRectangleSuggConstraints (boolean): Set to
falseto disable the addition of two extra construction points when creating a rounded rectangle. introduced in version 0.21
Constraint label colors
The label in Sketcher that displays the current status of the constraints (e.g. "Underconstrained," "Fully Constrained," etc.) is styleable on a per-state basis either using the Qt stylesheet, or via user preferences. User preferences take precedence if they have been set (in Mod/Sketcher/General):
- EmptySketchMessageColor - Defaults to 50% opacity black
- UnderconstrainedMessageColor - Defaults to black
- MalformedConstraintMessageColor - Defaults to red
- ConflictingConstraintMessageColor - Defaults to red
- RedundantConstraintMessageColor - Defaults to orange red
- PartiallyRedundantConstraintMessageColor - Defaults to royal blue
- SolverFailedMessageColor - Defaults to red
- FullyConstrainedMessageColor - Defaults to green
- Mod/Start/DefaultImportXXX (string): Where XXX is a lowercase file extension. For example DefaultImportifc for .IFC files. Allows to set a default import module to be used when clicking an icon on the start page, when several importers are available. For example, setting DefaultImportifc = ifc_import will use the NativeIFC importer if available. introduced in version 0.21