|Solve → Solver job control
|Introduced in version
|FEM Run solver calculations
This command is used to control the FEM solver (write the input file, edit it, and trigger the solver).
- Select the Solver object in the Tree view, e.g., for CalcuilX solver SolverCcxTools.
- There are several ways to invoke the command:
- Press the Solver job control button.
- Select the Solve → Solver job control option from the menu.
- Use the keyboard shortcut: S then T.
- Optionally, edit working directory.
- Optionally, select analysis type.
- Click Write .inp file to write the input file.
- Optionally, click Edit .inp file.
- Input file will open so you can edit it and save by Ctrl+S.
- Click Run CalculiX to trigger the solver.
- The solution may take considerable time for large models.
- Default working directory can be changed in Edit → Preferences → FEM
- Controls for other solvers may differ.
- The simplified version of the command is Run solver calculation.
- Solve: CalculiX Standard, CalculiX (new framework), Elmer, Mystran, Z88; Equations: Deformation, Elasticity, Electrostatic, Electricforce, Magnetodynamic, Magnetodynamic 2D, Flow, Flux, Heat; Solver: Solver control, Solver run
- Results: Purge, Show; Postprocessing: Apply changes, Pipeline from result, Warp filter, Scalar clip filter, Function cut filter, Region clip filter, Contours filter, Line clip filter, Stress linearization plot, Data at point clip filter, Filter function plane, Filter function sphere, Filter function cylinder, Filter function box
- Getting started
- Installation: Download, Windows, Linux, Mac, Additional components, Docker, AppImage, Ubuntu Snap
- Basics: About FreeCAD, Interface, Mouse navigation, Selection methods, Object name, Preferences, Workbenches, Document structure, Properties, Help FreeCAD, Donate
- Help: Tutorials, Video tutorials
- Workbenches: Std Base, Arch, Draft, FEM, Inspection, Mesh, OpenSCAD, Part, PartDesign, Path, Points, Reverse Engineering, Robot, Sketcher, Spreadsheet, Start, Surface, TechDraw, Test Framework, Web