|Solve → Solver CalculiX Standard|
|Introduced in version|
- Setting analysis parameters
- Selecting working directory
- Running the CalculiX solver
- A CalculiXcxxTools solver object is created automatically with the creation of an Analysis container.
To create it manually, use one of the following alternatives:
- Optionally change the properties of the CalculiXcxxTools solver object in the Property editor.
- Double click the CalculiXcxxTools solver object.
- Select the Analysis type.
- Click the button.
- Click the button.
Click the DataSplit Input Writer property to
Default values can be set in the menu Edit → Preferences → FEM → CalculiX
- DataAnalysis Type:
- thermomech - for mechanical and thermal loads
- check - to check only the mesh
- buckling - for buckling analyses introduced in version 0.20
- DataBeam Shell Result Output 3D: note that CalculiX internally expands 1D and 2D elements into 3D elements to accomplish FE analysis
- false - results of 1D and 2D elements will be averaged to the nodes of original 1D or 2D mesh (i.e. purely bended beam will show 0 nodal stresses due to averaging)
- true - resulting mesh will contain 1D and 2D elements expanded to 3D elements
- DataEigenmode High Limit: Eigenvalues above this limit will not be calculated; Note: if eigenvalues of the model are above the high limit, CalculiX will finish without output
- DataEigenmode Low Limit: Eigenvalues below this limit will not be calculated
- DataEigenmodes Count: number of lowest eigenmodes to be calculated
- DataGeometric Nonlinearity:
- linear - linear analysis will be performed if model does not contain nonlinear material
- nonlinear - nonlinear analysis will be performed
- DataIterations Control parameter Cutb: defines the second line of CalculiX' advanced iteration parameters. Used if DataIterations Control Parameter Time Use is set to true.
- DataIterations Control Parameter Iter: defines the first line of CalculiX' advanced iteration parameters. Used if DataIterations Control Parameter Time Use is set to true.
- DataIterations Control Parameter Time Use
- true - activates DataIterations Control parameter Cutb and DataIterations Control Parameter Iter
- DataIterations Thermo Mech Maximum: maximum number of increments in thermomechanical analysis after which the job will be stopped.
- DataIterations User Defined Incrementations:
- true - automatic incrementation control will be switched off by DIRECT parameter
- false - incrementation control will be automatic
- DataIterations User Defined Time Step Length:
- true - activates DataTime End and DataTime Initial Step parameters
- DataMaterial Nonlinearity:
- linear - only linear material properties will be included in the analysis
- nonlinear - nonlinear material properties will be used from object
- DataMatrix Solver Type: type of the solver to solve equation system inside FE analysis. It may significantly affect calculation speed and memory demands. Suitability depends on your FE model and available hardware
- default - automatically selects matrix solver depending on available solvers (probably it will be Spooles)
- spooles - direct solver with support of multiple CPUs. Number of CPUs need to be set in the preferences at Solver defaults → Number of CPU's to use.
- iterativescaling - iterative solver with least memory demands, suitable if model contains mostly 3D elements
- iterativecholesky - iterative solver with preconditioning with and with low memory demands, suitable if model contains mostly 3D elements
- DataSplit Input Writer:
- false - write whole input into one *.inp file to be used by CalculiX solver
- true - split solver inputs into more *.inp files, that can clarify hand editing
- DataThermo Mechanical Steady State:
- true - steady state thermo mechanical analysis
- false - transient thermo mechanical analysis
- DataTime End: time period of the step, used when parameter DataIterations User Defined Incrementations or DataIterations User Defined Time Step Length is true
- DataTime Initial Step: initial time increment of the step, used when parameter DataIterations User Defined Incrementations or DataIterations User Defined Time Step Length is true
- DataWorking Dir: path to the working directory which will be used for CalculiX analysis files.
When running a CalculiX, you might end up with error 4294977295. This means you don't have enough RAM space. You have then 2 options:
- reduce the number of mesh nodes, preferably by omitting geometry that is not absolutely necessary for your analysis
- buy more RAM for your PC
Original CalculiX documentation can be found at http://dhondt.de/ in the "ccx" paragraph.