|Results → Post pipeline from result|
|Introduced in version|
|FEM Result object, FEM tutorial|
Pipeline is a result object, which creates a new graphical representation of FEM analysis results on the analyzed part. It adds a color scale and display options.
- Select a result object.
- Click the Post pipeline from result option from the menu. button, or select the Results →
- A new object called "Pipeline" is added to your analysis.
- Double-click the new Pipeline object in the Tree view and select a display mode and the result field. For example for the mode
Surfaceand the field
Von Mises stressthe pipeline will look like this:
If you see no model in the graphical area, go to and enable Edit → Preferences → Display → 3D View → Rendering → Backlight color.
If you use a SI-derived FreeCAD unit system, the values in the output scale are based on SI units as well. This means the displacement is in meter, the stress is in Pascal and the temperature is in Kelvin.
This pipeline dialog box has the following settings:
- Mode: How to draw the results. The possible modes are
- Outline: The outline of the result mesh. In fact is displays no results but only the borders of the mesh.
- Nodes: The result mesh nodes.
- Surface: This is the default and displays the surface of the result mesh.
- Surface with Edges: Like Surface but with the mesh outline edges and the surface mesh node connection lines.
- Field: Which result property to draw.
- Vector: Is only active if the Field is a vector. You can select whether to display the vector Magnitude or its X, Y, Z components.
If you double-click on the scale, you get this settings dialog box:
and you can modify these properties:
- Gradient: You can select reversed order of the default color gradient, Red-White-Blue, Black-White or White-Black.
- Style: The default option Flow uses the full color gradient range. The option Zero uses only the color gradient range starting form the color that would display the mean value to the maximum.
- Visibility: The option Out grayed will color all mesh nodes whose values are outside the set minimum/maximum range in gray. The option Out transparent will make these mesh nodes transparent.
- Parameter range: Minimum and maximum values are filled-in automatically. You can modify them, however make sure you know what you are doing. You can also change the number of displayed decimal places and the number of labels distributed over the parameter range.
In the property editor you can set in the View tab the settings from the dialog box. In the Data tab you can additionally set this:
- DataMode: How the filters used in the pipeline will be treated. These modes are possible:
- Serial: In this mode every filter takes the previous filter as input. The order is hereby the order of creation. The first created filter takes the pipeline as input. Its Input property is therefore empty.
- Parallel: In this mode all filters take the pipeline as input.
- Custom: introduced in version 0.20 This is the default and keeps the input of the filters as they are. Therefore it allows to have e.g. two filters that take the pipeline as input, and a third filter that takes one of the two filters as input.